Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
light the fuse
and burn it up
I’M BACK NERDS.

Although, admittedly,  it’s a numerous amount of paces since breaching Helovia’s Threshold that I actually realize I’ve returned; but still, I know familiar territory when I see it. Perhaps it’s a fantasy produced by the ignorance of my young, fledgling mind, but for some reason I always thought that my entrance back to my homeland would be more...well, just more. Coming to a halt with a pointed stomp of my hooves, I glance around the plain, unassuming forest. “This is it?” I growl to myself, narrowing my eyes as my lips turn downward.

(It’s so quiet.)

Not even the birds are singing; it’s just the sound of my lungs, my hooves, my heart.
Just me.

For the briefest, most fleeting moment (I’m not even sure if it happened at all, mind you) I feel the cold, numbing prick of aloneness. It’s not the first time—of course I’ve missed my brother and ma in the...however long it’s been since I’d seen them last. More than I would ever care to admit. Still, I suppose throughout all of my travels, I’d always imagined my return to be some great, sickening fanfare of celebration. A reunion dreamt from all the delusional fantasies of a budding adolescent. Not that I care in the slightest for that mushy feelings garbage, but I suppose when you get right to the core of it: I hadn’t expected to still be so alone.

And yet, here I am.

What a disappointment. Gritting my teeth and cursing myself for my own naivety, I stomp forward again, only to lurch gracelessly into a sudden gallop. With swallowing strides I charge forward, throwing my head towards the canopy to release a guttural, fierce bellow. Much to my pleasure, the raucous sound does exactly what I had intended. Like a choir answering my call, birds suddenly burst from the trees, piping their shrill songs that swell in the silence. “How d’you like me now?!” I laugh with shameless glee, a devilish smirk highlighting the mischief in my eyes.

Abruptly I throw my weight back, letting loose a spirited buck before I dip my haunches down low to the ground. I’m basically sitting by the time I come to a halt, the already-lengthy mass of curly hair strewn about my neck and face. Huffing, I spit the hair from my eyes, and turn around to see two long gouges in the grass, like the flight path of a rocket. I grin smugly. Not bad, if I do say so myself!

notes; For @Volterra !!
“Speech.”
image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
no longer the lost; - by Sabre - 09-01-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: no longer the lost; - by Volterra - 09-01-2016, 07:05 AM
RE: no longer the lost; - by Sabre - 09-02-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: no longer the lost; - by Volterra - 09-04-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: no longer the lost; - by Sabre - 09-04-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: no longer the lost; - by Volterra - 09-05-2016, 02:55 PM