the Rift

[OPEN] birds flying high [Aurora Basin Festival Invitations]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
Despite her reservations, she had to admit that the pair of unicorns seemed kindly enough. Both mares showed polite smiles and offered respectful nods with their introductions, and nothing about their body language suggested that they were there for any other reason than diplomacy. Sohalia's smile widened slightly, her eyes crinkling at the edges as she relaxed into the welcoming role that she'd never thought to take up again. Where was Sikeax? Wasn't this sort of thing supposed to be her job now? A sharp pain stabbed into the hole where her heart should be. Gaucho would have been here by now, and the memory of his dependable, flaming appearance hurt. The dove dipped her head, rubbing her nose against her foreleg as though to banish a fly, hoping to disguise the sudden souring of her gaze.

As she lifted her cranium, shaking it slightly to settle her mane into place, her ears pricked forward, a small (if slightly sad) smile pasted precariously upon her lips. Everything about her features invited the pair to continue to state the reason for their visit - and what a reason it was. They spoke of a festival in the north, an opportunity for the other herds to see the beauty of the aurora borealis that Sohalia had only heard rumors about. As Rexanna offered more information, the Transcended looked more closely at their visitors, committing both their appearances and their names to memory. Perhaps she was wrong to hold such reservations about the Basin. Perhaps things really had changed in her absence.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful!" she exclaimed when they had finished. A rather large part of her soul rebelled against the cheer that threatened - wasn't it disrespectful to her former mate to go to a party so soon? But she knew that the herd desperately needed some happiness, and many of the children - if they were allowed to attend - would love it. She would certainly be taking Vinati, unless there were any whispers of ill intentions.

"I would be happy to spread the word amongst our herd. I know my daughter would be overjoyed to attend, and I can think of several others who would likely be interested." She paused, then added, "I'm sure our healer will be thrilled with the herbs, as well. I will deliver them gladly." In truth, with Sikeax's promotion, she didn't know if they even had a healer anymore. Her offer to deliver the gift was a careful cover-up, but well done. They would be unlikely to notice the omission.

"Tell me, are all of the herds to be invited? What of outcasts?"

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

@Lena
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: birds flying high [Aurora Basin Festival Invitations] - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 06:49 PM