[PRIVATE] Gratitude lives in apology's shadow

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

if you could only understand, through my heart and my veins

I gave it all, I'll give it all again

--

A lot had been happening lately, but one thing wasn’t changing - Alysanne still rarely slept. She spent her time wandering the Edge, trying to figure out what this change meant - if it meant anything. In an instant, so much of the fire and anger that had raged within her and driven every single step had evaporated as though it didn’t exist. There were significantly bigger things for her to worry about now. She wanted to prove that she was up to this task, prove that she could do this - that she could be a Queen for the herd to be proud of. And, hopefully, a queen that would last.

One of the things she could do was tend the garden - visiting it every day so that the nutrients that magically leeched from her hooves and weed any unwanted plants that may have seeded. The sun was just beginning to rise so the western sky off the cliffs by the garden was still dark with a few stars shining brightly. It was so peaceful here - a peace that she had sought so often in the last few seasons but that had evaded he. And now it just happened. Even Hemlock had decided it was safe to leave her, and he was soaring through the shadowy forest hunting.

But was the anger gone, or simply in hibernation? Waiting for the next spark to fan it into a wild fire?

One guess who she worried would provide her that spark.

So when the small elephant showed up, Alysanne worried this might be the time. Gently placing down the leave she had plucked off a plant, she regarded the companion carefully before speaking: “Hello Mbwene, am I needed?” Sometimes she forgot that she wasn’t one of the Moon Doctors anymore, that her skills for healing were limited to what herbs were growing in the garden or that she kept in the bag hanging off of her shoulder. That same anxiety twisted her heart when she saw a companion without their bonded - worried that someone was hurt. Even someone like Tembovu. Enough of a worry that there was no sass in her voice, just concern.

She motioned with her head for the small elephant to lead the way and she followed behind.

Soon enough, they came upon the sitting king and that worry (which was actually a little annoying) did not fade. “Tembovu? Are you alright?”

-- alysanne

the devoted

art by percyvelle & coding by Kyra

@Tembovu <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Alysanne - 09-05-2016, 06:41 PM