the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gratitude lives in apology's shadow

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
His black-rimmed ears, now perked, caught her labored breathing. He had felt the thundering of her heart around his horn when it pierced her—and now, that he looked at her closed eyes, pinched face, and clenched jaw, he knew that it hurt much more than he thought it would.

His neck started to reach out, an instinctive need to console filling him in the wake of purposefully causing her harm. But his stretched out, heavy skull paused the moment her verdant green eyes opened and found his own, dark, uncertain navy blues. A soft, short, warm breath pushed out of his nostrils as she whispered a quiet platitude and gratitude.

And, as he studied her eyes and saw an slight, telling sheen begin to cover their green, sensitive depths, he blinked, looked away, and pulled back his head. Just as her own head nearly reached out to his, but he missed her motion as he was looking and pulling away. Paths that never crossed…

His navy gaze jerked back to her as she whispered a quiet curse. His brows raised, realizing he had never heard the Devoted utter anything worse than angry words—usually directed at him. If not for her blood that pooled as a warm wetness beneath his horn, he would have grinned and chided the pegasus for her un-Queenly language.

As it was, he simple blinked in surprise at her—a surprise that deepened with her next words. And, with her faint smile giving him sort of ‘permission,’ he, too, gave small and lopsided grin in response. His thick horn dipped once in deference to her request, “By all means, my Queen, save your tears from me.” And, which his deep rumble warmed with the faintest amounts of amusement, his great body slipped into the mists.

@Alysanne I think we could end it here? <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 01-22-2017, 11:31 PM