the Rift

[OPEN] Someone New

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

Me, longing to be free, I won't let you fade away
We, shed so many dreams, I'll let them fade away
Isopia, who had no real experience with children, listened to Sohalia's metaphor with a sort of glazed expression. It wasn't that she was no longer actively listening, more that her level of comprehension was at an all time low. For Isopia, that was quite rare, and a seed of frustration bloomed in her mind. She'd never really considered children an asset before, but nor had she ever experienced her lack of association with them to be a hindrance on her mind.

Hmm, hmm, hmm.

Hearing that the Transcended could also craft with crystal was an interesting piece of information as well - crystal and metal ... surely very interesting structures could be created when the two were combined. Surely electrical circuits and the like?

As the dove inquired about Isopia's own crafting abilities, the mare merely shrugged. "I suppose it is as you say it is with crystal. Stones can be heated and formed somewhat, but they mostly serve as building blocks. They are not as easily to manipulate into new shapes as I assume metal would be." Then, with a sort of uncharacteristic bout of honesty, Isopia turned her quad-horned skull slightly inquisitively and asked, "Would you ever give it up? Crafting I mean. I have often wondered if my abilities might be better suited ... elsewhere." Falling silent, Isopia dove inside of herself to see if there was anything else she might add that was helpful. She knew that magic could be torn from the soul, and once it was healed, that a new magic might take its place. Isopia had been born with her abilities, there had never been a time where she could not craft and create with stonework.

But why? What was it for? Isopia used her abilities for mostly selfish reasons - this statue was one of the only altruistic creations she'd ever made. What was the point of manipulating stonework, and forcing it to heat the surrounding area?

Image by Tamme!
@Sohalia

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Someone New - by Isopia - 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM