the Rift

[OPEN] Forced choices

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

[OMG I SUCK SO HARD. @Chernobyl is free to go. Sorry dude, I thought I posted this x.x]

This assignment had been much easier than the demigoddess expected. Normally The Mountain did not appreciate being given menial tasks to complete for the sake of the herd. Partially it was because she found the takes onerous and pointless (building prisons? For what? A garden? Didn't they live in a lush river valley?), but partially because she simply didn't respect those giving orders.

But he was different. The old man, who hadn't demanded her trust, but who had won it fairly in a riddling contest. A contest of minds - Isopia's favourite kind, and while Isopia had come away with the trinket she had sought, perhaps it was the old man who had won the more valuable prize.

Isopia's respect.

And so here she was.

The fact that her stalking of her appointed subject had gone off flawlessly did not surprise the demi-goddess. Unlike sparring which actually took a fair amount of study on her part, she found targeting others and exploiting their weaknesses second nature.

Case in point.

The barbed-horned mare was strikingly easy to track down and ensnare. It had only take a bit of Isopia's magic to do it*.

"You have been targeted, but perhaps not for the reasons you believe. I have been sent, but the Hidden Falls. It seems your past as both a haruspex disciple as well as your time in the Basin have preceded you." Isopia's large golden eyes regarded the dark mare to see how much of this she was taking in. For Isopia, it mattered little. Her duty wasn't to recruit perse, but merely to offer the opportunity.

Which she had.

"You are free, for a time, to look around the Falls. To inquire of its members their thoughts and loyalties. You may eat our food and take shelter in our home. When the next full moon rises your temporary respite here will end should you decide to decline our invitation."

The Mountain thought that this was all very straight forward, but still she asked, "Do you have any questions?"

* Intentionally super vague since we didn't talk about how Chernobyl was captured.

isopia

It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
It ain't like watered down whiskey and coke
I guess some things just don't mix like you hoped
Like me and you; & diamond rings and old barstools

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Forced choices - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: Forced choices - by Chernobyl - 09-04-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Forced choices - by Isopia - 09-04-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Forced choices - by Chernobyl - 09-20-2016, 04:08 PM