the Rift

[OPEN] Nightmares

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Screams echoed and darkness stirred the world like a bubbling cauldron. Every fiber of his being burned. As if the sun had swelled in his chest his body burned from its light. And all the pain of before was washed in its light, in its baptism of fire.

Haldir watched with a deadly still gaze at the sleeping gold. Every hair on the back of his neck stood on end and every nerve shook with the terror. Yet he makes no move from his own temporary bed.

CRACK-BOOOOOM

The dark stag jumped, his moon eyes wide with fear as the thunder barreled outside its thunderous echoes. That’s why they were here in the first place. They had been wandering the south parts of this land when the wind began to whip across the meadows and forests. Trees bent backwards before it, and clouds which would dwarf the northern mountains rose up in threat. So great the threatening storm, even the gold agreed it might be best to see refuge. That is how they found themselves here, in the heart of this world, in the Caverns.  

PLOP!

A drop of water falls on the stag’s white snip causing him to wrinkle his nose and snort. He looks up to the dark ceiling, but even the dim glow of this room’s strange occupants can not light the offending dripper. It was a very strange room indeed they had found themselves in. Covered in soft moss, it offered the best bed, but then it was lite with mushrooms, held aloft by trees of old, acting as guardians of this sacred place. Thranduil had said they would only graze here, and move on to another room. Yet in the dull light and soft bed, the worn creature was powerless against the tides of sleep. The stag had not known, but sleep had once again been eluding the gold.

Another crack of thunder echoes against the cavern walls and the gold body jumps drawing the deer’s moon eyes again. It was the gold’s own nightmares that had woken his bonded. Already the gold coat was stained with sweat and his hide twitched, throat rumbling with echoes of hidden voices from long ago….

”IT WAS THE LORD’S!” A yell break through the sun burning fires licking his insides. Yet they are distanced and muffled. “He is dying for your betrayal!”

Another voice softer, calmer breaks through the darkness. “I admit my sin.”

The scene goes silent, before a smack rings through the wind. “ENOUGH!” A low growling voice, halts all moving things in this dark world.

The yelling voice continues in bitterness and spite. “Nellas have wasted your love my child. That boy is not worth it. He fought for her not you. Already the high council sits and his own father has consented to his punishment…” A tense moment of silence echoes, drawn out in like a long slow acting venom. “Death. But I can save you from the same my child, I can help-”

The younger voice cuts in but has grown weak and frail where it had been strong. “I need not your protection.”

“Leave.” The dark stallion’s voice commands, and there was no room for argument this time.

A moment’s silence passes, and only the growing wind and distant thunder sound. Then hooves sound close. “It is safe my dear.” Came the same stallion’s song, only softer and older sounding, its bravado ceased. “Take care though, the Sun’s Grace may not have worn off.”

A rustling is heard and a dim shaft of light finally fills the dream. And it burns.

The gold jerks violently again. Haldir watches him ever still, his hide now beginning to tremble with anxiety all its own. Though he knew not what exact dream the gold kept, he knew its feelings, its source. And he feared, for those were not dreams….but memories….nightmares.

”Arwe-“ But he was cut off “Shhh.” Came the femme voice as it moved the last of the cover from his body where it had been hid. “She’s not here.” It bordered bitterness.

He groans, letting his heavy head fall back to earth. Lightening cracks above, making the mare jump, but the white glowing figure of the old stallion only looks above with thankfulness. “It will have to do.” His whispered.

The fires within lash out, and earth eyes close for just a moment, hissing with the pain. But then, its gone. The light inside burnt out. All agony vanished. “The flower is done.” Whisper the femme voice. The gold opens his eyes once more confused as he looks to the blue roan standing above him. “Wha—“ Shoulders roll trying sit himself up. The roan moves around with a rough grace and comes to his back, where she lays and tucks under him. Her horned head helping loft his with the tenderness only one feeling can give.

Earth eyes find his own golden flesh, and though is stained red with blood and brown with dirt, no wound marks its flesh, nor bone lay broken under its skin. “Nellas….what have you done…” His own voice cries in utter agony, though no pain should be left.

The trembling of the gold’s body was now growing, and his sweat stained his sides burnt gold. Haldir’s large ears folded back in worry. Thunder crashed above and a wind, like a hurricane tore into the cavern, rattling the old leaves and their guardians. Outside, a roar of rain begins. The deer, shivers, his own nerves getting the best of him. He calls out to the gold, his gruff voice nearly drowned by the raging storm. Yet the gold did not wake….

”I can not, Oracle.” It was solid and strong, growling with the inner strength that only one power can give. The golden unicorn rose from his bed, the blue roan with pained looks rose with him. “I will face him again.” The youth declares.

“Foolish Thranduil!” The old white stallion trembles with anger. “We have not saved you only to watch you throw it away! Your stubborn-“ Yet he cut himself short. The blue roan’s face grows confused but the gold is persistent.

“I did not ask for you to save me Oracle!” A lightening strike rips across the heavens above, drowning out his voice. “I will not flee. You told me that love was strong, and I shall prove it. She is my love, and bears my child which you praise. I’ll not leave them.“

A horn low and deep bellows under the raging storm. The small Nellas, and the gold look to a dark hill lit only by the lightening dancing all around. But for the skies and whipping wind all the world stopped.

Nellas’s trembling voice is the first to speak. “The Lord Edrahil is dead.” Tears break forth in her eyes and her sobs muffle her healer’s prayers. The gold turns to her in confusion…her reaction not making sense. Then he looks to the old white stag, hoping for answers as usual. But the gentle giant stares blindly forward with tears.

Haldir grows frantic. The gold now shifts on his soft bed, his crowned head digging and jerking, and his groans becoming audible.  The dark stag noses his bonded’s wet neck, calling still over the roar of rain and thunder. Blind to any who might come through the cavern door…But nothing will stop the nightmare….For too long now he had hidden it. Now it would see him relive it with a vengeance of a years of ignorance built up in its venom.

A cold fear shivered through the gold. “Oracle….” His voice harbors suspicion. “…surely you do not cry for your traitor.” The gold’s voice is hard, but as the blind eyes turn to the golden youth his knees begin to quake.

“I do not weep for the Edrahil.” It trembles and shakes with anger, but then breaks, the tears flowing freely, and hot. “I weep for the death of your son.”

The thunder cracks overhead, but the lightning flashes on dark earth eyes, fading from the world. Knees give way and the proud gold crashes to the earth. Nellas does not move to help. The gold’s head swims and falls. His voice speaks, but it sounds foreign and already dead. “Arwen?”

A drop of rain sounds in the pool behind as the long low horn continues to sound on the hill over the coming rain. Nellas speaks with a coldness. “Dead.” Oracle’s blind eyes turn accusingly to her, but to his gaze she tucks away in selfishness. The lie was the only way. Horned head rises to the heavens above, and a cry rings above the low horn on the hill and rain, pierced with more grief and pain than it as they harmonize in the storm.

OOC:: Just so you OOC people know!
Arwen is Thranduil's lover and bears his child but is a princess and out of his caste. Nellas is a healer, loves Thran, and is secretly (known only to her and her mom) the bastard child of Edrahil, the Lord (so she's Arwen's half sister). So he was forced to fight for Arwen, but as her betrothed went for the final killing blow Arwen took it instead. Nellas came with the one all healing flower and had to decide between Arwen, Edrahil (dying of shock), and Thranduil and she chooses Thrand, cause duh love.
Oracle (the bastard step brother of Edrahil) and Nellas rescue Thranduil from prison where he is doomed to killed the next morning. They are trying to convince him to leave under the cover of the thunderstorm when the horn sounds that the lord is dead, but Thran's son also dies at the same moment a still born. Then Nellas lies about the death of Arwen in order to get Thranduil to leave and escape to safety (after this last scene).

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-03-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Rexanna - 09-04-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-05-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Rexanna - 09-05-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-09-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Rexanna - 09-10-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-10-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Rexanna - 09-11-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-18-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Nightmares - by Rexanna - 09-18-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Nightmares - by Thranduil - 09-25-2016, 01:02 AM