the Rift

[OPEN] i've got miles to go - anyone

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine
I was looking for a breath of life,
A little touch of heavenly light
The Falls wasn't precisely what Asavvi had thought it would be; it had been described to her as a lush and vibrant place, a little hidden paradise but she had come to find it to be quite different. It didn't bother the little star-seeker. Though the landscape was charred and ashy, she had been able to use her magic to look beneath the devastation and see the potential. As she explored the herdland, she pulled up her illusions, images of what the falls had been and could be again if given a little time.  No, the Falls were not what she had expected, but they were just what she had needed them to be: Hidden.

As she became more and more familiar with the winding deerpaths and waterways, Asavvi had begun to relax. Her captors would not find her here if they came (if they had bothered to pursue her at all) and perhaps more importantly now, she didn't see why her family would find out she was here. She missed them terribly, but mixed with the longing to see them was a whole mess of other emotion and thoughts that she couldn't separate or make sense of. She would seek them out someday, at leas she assumed as much, but not until she was ready to face what they were and to reconcile that with what she was now. 

Three of the girl's stars were out tonight, bobbing along to light her path as she looked for a place to settle in. Even if the full moon was bright enough, she preferred to have her starts about her, even if only a few of them. Their light was soft and seemed so much warmer to her than the moon's silvery glow; Asavvi knew very well they weren't sentient, but took comfort in their company all the same. The familiarity, the warmth, it was the closest thing she'd had to companionship in a long while, and though it was she who created them, it oft seemed that they were leading her.

Glints of green caught her attention and she was pleased to find a collection of untouched foliage. Carefully Asavvi and her stars pick their way into the little glen, skirting boulders and tall the bases of the large trees only to draw up when she discovers the area already occupied. A surprised little intake of breath hissed through her lips as the draws up short, almost shying away from the unexpected company. Composure comes swiftly however, even if her nerves thrum. To calm herself the wings at the star-girl's sides tighten around and she tries for a smile "Um, hello. I hope I'm not intruding."

@Macaria

Messages In This Thread
i've got miles to go - anyone - by Macaria - 09-04-2016, 01:02 PM
RE: i've got miles to go - anyone - by Asavvi - 09-14-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: i've got miles to go - anyone - by Macaria - 09-23-2016, 02:55 PM