the Rift

[PRIVATE] Light and Solitude.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
I hear him, but choose not to turn my attention toward the approaching hoofbeats.

They are calm and steady, not the sound of a rushing attacker.  I hope they do not approach, so attempt to look busy.  I remain watching the bubbling, chirpy surface of the cold waters.  I imagine the stream to be some distant run off of the mountains, carrying with it the chill of ice.  I stare and stare, hoping that I would fall into the waters and drown in the some few inches depth rather than deal with someone else in an otherwise peaceful morning.

I am not so lucky.

Lo.
Ah, so it begins.

I turn my head, looking at the larger stallion with a blank gaze, an empty face, a nonchalance.  His black frame is painted with ivory mimicking a skull.  I think, judging by the glimmer of crimson, it is probably fitting.  Some beast, more obvious than most, coming to greet me.  I am not afraid, for I do not fear anything these days.  If he were some reaper come to collect me, drag me to the pits of hell to roast for eternity, I would not be surprised.

The sad attempt at conversation makes me believe he is simply a fierce looking man.  Mortal, possibly dangerous.  I sigh.  Yet again, no death comes for me on this day.  I am getting used to such disappointments.

"Aye," I say, my voice just as empty as my expression.  "It keeps better company than most."  One might assume I am joking, but I find nature to be much less invasive, annoying, and idiotic than the general population.  He would not find a shred of sarcasm in my voice, not the hint of humor.

"What has you out and about so early?" I ask, though there is no curiosity in my tone.  I do not really care, but I am finding conversation will exist around others whether I care for it or not.  When I am some faceless stranger in this realm, no one avoids my presence, no one shies away from my approach.  I am no one.
They do not fear a nobody, clearly.
""

ooc -- Please :)
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-05-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-24-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 10-23-2016, 07:30 PM