[PRIVATE] Light and Solitude.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
You have a point there.

The faintest hint of a smile finds its way in the upturn of my lips for a moment.  So, he understands, at least a little.  I found respite in nature often, for it was one of the few things in the world that never pestered, never pried into my subconscious.  The world, despite all the wrongs that accompanied my life, remained pure and clean in the dull light of morning.

I watch him from the corner of my eye as he shrugs, as if a weight rested on those powerful shoulders.  He soon revealed what that weight was - a herd.  I nod, as if to show him that I understand the problem with herds.  I do, to a certain extent, though my time within them had been brief at best.  Before my binding covenant with Daa'hn, I spent most of my life as a nomad, staying nowhere for long.  Most of my memories of herd living had been bloodied and torn apart, ruined by the reality that life often came to an abrupt end.

The offer Lyanna had extended to me in the Threshold, to journey to her home in the World's Edge, came to mind.  Even now, I do not regret telling her politely that I had no interest in stepping into a herd land.  Despite her promise that aid would come unhindered and unpaid, I felt the opposite would be true.  Nothing is truly free, and even this man before me, a skull for a face, is testimony to that.  Having to seek the Wilds to clear your thoughts, to find yourself, to be rid of the nattering of others - I do not envy him.  I want nothing more than solitude, or so I believe.

You can be so stubborn, Ryouta.

I shake the fog from my head as he asks of me my own purpose.  Slowly, I turn my muddied face to look at his own.  "I have no herd," the words are not tinged with sadness, no regret, just fact.
"I find it easier that way."
I feel the need to interject this here.  While I doubt this man has any intention of extending an invitation to whatever place he calls home, I take no chances.  Others I had met in Helovia seem hellbent on extending an unwanted helping hand when you just want them to bugger off.  However, one of those hands had saved my life, so I cannot be entirely ungrateful or cynical.
Well, I shouldn't be, but who would I be if not a cynic?

"Promises of loyalty, like much in this world, are often just chains to drag you into your own grave."
""

ooc -- Sorry for the wait!
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-05-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Volterra - 09-24-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Light and Solitude. - by Ryouta - 10-23-2016, 07:30 PM