the Rift

[OPEN] Left Unspoken

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
I had no intent to make myself a mystery, like a novel waiting to be read by nosy passerbys. The details of my life so far have made me less willing to reveal information, hoping to hold fast to the present rather than reliving the past. You are what you come from, but I would rather not be tied to that fate.

The only thing lying behind me is death.

The girl follows forward, nose taking toward the thick ooze of liquid pooling at the bottom of the tree, and I shuffle easily to the side. My wings gather more tightly about my sides, wishing not to touch the girl and elicit a fresh rain of sizzles and sparks from her pelt. The comment she makes toward me, her face alight with smiles, is met only with a short grunt escaping from between my lips. The expression on my face does not really alter, keeping a hard exterior to match the equally enthused response.

I do not know what could be nice about meeting me. Most of my encounters thus far in Helovia had been... bad, to put it lightly. I suppose the youth within her body and soul were keeping her from seeing what I truly am - an ass.

I take a step back, away from the pool, turning to start walking slowly away from the tree and her, though if she were anything like Aelfwine I doubt she would let me be. A question brims from her lips behind me, and I do not even favor a glance back. "Stagnant water," I hazard a guess, by the smell of pungent decay common from fetid waters. "The mineral content of the soil probably turned in red at some point."

I dismiss all the theories that it were the blood of the fallen, a mystical lifeblood of the earth, or any other funny business. Despite my knowledge of magic, I find myself a practical man with practical explanations. When you live in a cruel world, you cease believing in miracles. They only serve to bring your hopes high enough for a destructive landing when reality makes an appearance instead.

ooc -- Sorry for the wait!
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Macaria

Messages In This Thread
Left Unspoken - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Left Unspoken - by Macaria - 09-06-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Left Unspoken - by Ryouta - 09-06-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: Left Unspoken - by Macaria - 09-23-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Left Unspoken - by Ryouta - 10-10-2016, 03:07 PM