the Rift

why does my heart keep shaking;

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Well my heart is bigger than the earth—
The oceanic pair finds themselves in Helovia’s Threshold on this beautiful Orangemoon day—both flush with excitement. With the arrival of autumn, comes the beginning of her first ever Aurora Basin festival—and Tiamat can hardly wait! Her muscles are practically bubbling in anticipation of the event, sure that it will be a joyous success. There is a spring to her step as she dances through the trees, laughing breathlessly while her doe-eyes roam the forest, searching for any sign of company.

Suddenly, a voice shatters through the fragile silence—a single, unintelligible word that reverberates between the wooded trees, sending several small flocks of birds fluttering from the leafy boughs. Tiamat pauses mid-step, a cloven hoof hovering over the grass, white eyes sweeping through the marbled shadows. “Did you here that, Nim?” The ocean mare turns to her young companion, sapphire nostrils curling and a dainty ear slanting as she tries to identify the source. The Leviathan moves closer to her bonded, a fin brushing against her sloped shoulder while large, ice-blue eyes stare with barely-concealed caution.

It is her bonded’s composure that keeps Nimue from squealing in fright—for while the world is certainly wrought with black secrets and devious shadows, the blue Mender remains as a beam of light in the darkness: ever-burning with hope and confidence in the goodness of those around her. She does not bristle with caution at the strange sound (perhaps foolishly so) but is compelled by her curiosity instead.

Leaning a step forward, she continues to inspect the forest around her. Catching the muted thrum of hoof beats, Tiamat quickly turns her doe-eyes in the general direction, catching a flash of white through the earthen hues. “Hello?” She calls in her airy, soprano voice, the length of her leonine tail swaying behind her as she pursues the stranger. Whickering gently to her orca companion, the oceanic pair move in synch, Nimue slowing a little to hover at the blue mare’s flanks when they catch sight again of the unfamiliar equine.

With her pale eyes brightening in excitement (ever eager to build new friendships), Tiamat offers a kindly whinny as they approach, catching up at a trot before halting with a billowing of hair and chiming shells. An honest smile breaks widely across velvet lips, and she extends her muzzle towards the mare in greeting. “Hi there! My name is Tiamat,” she breathes happily, and then looks to her face and takes note of the mare’s eyes. Hidden beneath tangled curls, it is murky where it should be bright, and although she is well aware of the abnormalities in Helovia, Tiamat’s healing experience leads her believe that, perhaps, this one is blind.

Without skipping a beat, the blue Mender pushes her muzzle forward more, slowly, to gently brush against the other’s, in order to make clear her friendly gesture. She breathes from her nostrils, her smile as soft as her breath. “Are you alright?” It is an inquiry not only of politeness, but also of genuine concern. Tiamat remembers her own first day in Helovia, and how disorienting a whole new world can be. She is eager to offer aid in any way she can.

notes; Welcome to Helovia!:) would you like to be tagged?
Nimue reference <3
“Speech.”

@Giselle | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
why does my heart keep shaking; - by Giselle - 09-05-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Tiamat - 09-05-2016, 03:32 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Maren - 09-05-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Misael - 09-05-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Syrena - 09-06-2016, 01:24 PM