the Rift

why does my heart keep shaking;

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She comes back to the Threshold. Again. It’s a place she seems to spend far too much time in with far too little to show for it. Apparently she’s stubborn, because she keeps coming back anyway. Or bored. Or restless. Or some combination of all these things. Whatever the reason, she’s here, thankful that it’s cool now at least. Because the walk in Tallsun really sucked. So, so much. She’s a creature of the sea, not land, and hot and sun are really not her thing.

It doesn’t take long in the Threshold for a scream to catch her attention. Well, that’s interesting, she thinks. It’s not the appropriate response. The appropriate response would be concern, would be to kick into action to make sure whoever was screaming was okay. Instead, Syrena meanders toward the source of the sound, moving no faster than she ever does. By the time she gets there, it’s already a crowd. Tiamat, who she recognizes from their meeting by the sea. Not of the sea, but certainly adopted by it. That’s where their similarities end, but still, she likes the mare simply for that one fact alone.

The other two introduce themselves – Maren and Misael – she barely bothers to learn their names, let alone their companions. Both are from the Throat. Well, that’s just overkill, but whatever. “Not all hurts are worn on the outside,” she says flatly, mostly directed at the mare with the wings behind her ears. She’d judge that, but she’s the queen of useless color changing magic, so she can’t fault someone else’s useless traits. “Syrena, from the Hidden Falls.” she adds, remembering her manners (vaguely). She doesn’t ask if the mare is alright. The question has already been asked, she suspects, given the ear winged mare’s remark. Instead she falls silent, waiting, as she always does.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
why does my heart keep shaking; - by Giselle - 09-05-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Tiamat - 09-05-2016, 03:32 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Maren - 09-05-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Misael - 09-05-2016, 11:01 PM