the Rift

[OPEN] Wait it Out

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

It didn’t take much time to figure out that I was dragging my hooves about going back to the Basin. With each passing day I found some other place in Helovia to explore instead, slowly acquainting myself with the strange plants and sights that I found. Despite the fact that I had made friends in the herd - with Leif and Rexanna - I no longer felt safe there. I was constantly on edge, waiting for the herd to explode into more arguments - waiting for some band to take advantage of the divided herd and invade.

But that’s where the conflict in my mind started. Because despite how unsafe the Basin seemed to me, it had become familiar too. I had spent a year here and that land was by far the one I was most accustomed to - the rest of Helovia was still strange to me. In all my time here, I had spoken to maybe six others - travelled between the Basin and the Threshold and that was about it.

It was hard to make much progress when every strange sight sent you skittering into the bushes.

In the late afternoon of this Orangemoon day, I was hiding beneath a tree for a very different reason. A storm had broke while I was out on my own and though I had the cloak Calder had given me, I didn’t fancy the idea of being drenched with a heavy wool cloak as the misting rain turned into a downpour. Thankfully some of the oaks that dappled the meadow retained their foliage so they provided decent cover and there had yet to be any lightning to make me wary about standing beneath a tall structure.

All I could do now was wait out the rain and hope I wouldn’t be disturbed as my mind raced around, trying to think of some sort of answer to the dilemma I faced.

There is moving in the stillness, our hearts will beat the sound
so we're raising our voice together - no way we're standing down
image by skylark

Elspeth doesn't want company but I want her to have company, so open to any :D
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Zubari - 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM