the Rift

[OPEN] Wait it Out

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

COME ON SKINNY LOVE JUST LAST THE YEAR

If she had expected her greeting to be returned with the same calm affability Asavvi was quite mistaken. Confusion and instant regret sprang up within her at the flickering look that passed over the pale mare, it looked like...fear? Grief? Asavvi couldn't  see why her presence should cause either; for one she was such a gentle soul that intending harm upon a stranger would never had occurred to her, and it sometimes took a reminder that others rarely expected the world to be gentle. And the grief... that was more of a mystery but whatever he reason, she was sorry to be the cause of it. Yet, even as the hunted look lingered in the eyes of the mare, she spoke warmly, politely and the contrast was intriguing.

The mare probably didn't want her here, and Asavvi had to chose between leaving her in peace and trying to comfort; the former being the polite thing, the latter being what she though was the right thing. Oh, how she hated when tight and polite didn't seem to align like she though they should! The girl hesitated, apprehension rolling over her features along with the falling rain, but before she could reply to the mare she felt something pass her and looked to see a small colt pass her by to also take up a place under the shelter of the tree.

The bold little colt wasted no time in tactlessly forcing the issue, calling out Elspeth for her cover. "It's a matter of good manners." She said, in a slightly admonishing tone as she stepped forward and under the shelter of the trees. Though her focus was directed at the colt, she interfered for the mare's sake; Asavvi could sympathize only too well with wanting to keep specific emotions hidden. Careful not to crowd Elspeth, she settled herself into the company and let her patient smile break the mildly stern expression. "And besides, sometimes smiling just for the sake of it can help make someone happy." Her cloud-grey eyes flicked back to Elspeth "I am sorry though, if I caused you any distress. I am Csilla of the Hidden Falls, it's a pleasure to meet you Elspeth" How strange it was, not to say 'Asavvi, of Dragon's Throat.

A S A V V I
image credit

@Elspeth

Messages In This Thread
Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Zubari - 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-15-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 10-12-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 10-21-2016, 07:57 PM