the Rift

[OPEN] Wait it Out

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Well. It wasn’t very often that I got called out on my poor poker face but man did this colt ever reveal me. No sooner had he joined us did he point out the obvious flaw in my expression. My jaw opened in shock and no shortage of embarrassment. What was I supposed to say? I liked to pride myself in being as honest as possible but the story behind the haunted look in my eyes was not something I wanted to dredge up then and there. I’m thankful that the winged girl has a quicker tongue than me - especially when my reaction was to tell the colt to mind his own fucking business.

Probably a choice in words that wouldn’t go over well.

My gaze softened at her words and I appreciated greatly her defense, but I answered the question too - as honestly as I could (without cursing). “And because it’s not the present that makes me sad, but the past.”

I then smiled at Csilla (as she had introduced herself) - more of a true smile this time around and hopefully they would both be able to see that. “Trust me, if you were causing me true distress - I would have left.” Well, I’m pretty sure I would have left. Or I would have said something completely ridiculous, like I had with Graasvoel and Seren, but chances are that I would have turned tail and run like I had done with several others around Helovia since I had arrived. It seemed to be my specialty, right from my embarrassing entrance in the Threshold. But then, if the fabric in my tail hadn’t snagged on a tree and trapped me - where would I be? Would I still be lost, seeking to escape my captors? It had been a year since I had arrived and still I feared that they might find me again.

I don’t give these troublesome thoughts time to fester, however. There’s plenty of time for that when I’m alone.

In an effort to move on from this uncomfortable conversation, my golden gaze looked down to the bold colt. “What’s your name, young one?” And then, oddly enough, I had a question for Csilla too - finding myself curious about the herd she had named. I vaguely recognized it, sure that someone had told me of its existence at some point in the last year. Perhaps it was briefly mentioned as one of the “other herds” back at the Threshold.

I just hoped it wasn’t hidden by magic.

After giving the colt some time to respond to my question, I look to the girl. My expression is more relaxed now and I feel my body doing the same. While still a little on edge, I took comfort in the weight of the blue plaid cloak draped over my back and the kindness Csilla had showed me. Or maybe I was finally getting comfortable in Helovia.

“The Hidden Falls you said? What a curious name. Is it truly hidden?”

There is moving in the stillness, our hearts will beat the sound
so we're raising our voice together - no way we're standing down
image by skylark

@Zubari
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Zubari - 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM