the Rift

[OPEN] not a voice you can hear at night

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
I am caught off guard, something I cannot say happens very often.

The blunt, straightforward answer contradicted every social normalcy I knew. To admit to a total stranger that something is wrong, instead of flatly lying through your teeth, is something rarely encountered. I smile, a genuine expression of mirth, for the first time in months. It was refreshing, not to have her tell me the expected answer of 'I am fine'.

The pearl colored girl turns to look at me, and once more I am tempted to believe my initial description of her - an angel. Her face is small, delicate, with eyes gleaming brightly even in the night. She seemed distracted at best, but I had no idea what could be bothering her in the crisp evening under a blanket of stars. As her eyes narrow almost imperceptibly, she spits out a social nicety that wipes the small grin from my face, replacing it with the stone and mortar from before.

With the tilt of her head I turn mine away, looking out at the meadow bathed in a silver sheen. "You seemed..." I paused, not entirely sure what she seemed at the time, what had caused my approach. "Disheartened."

I settle on the word, but I am unsure if that really fits the depiction as I watched her figure sink into the earth. Lost might have also worked.
I knew the feeling of being lost quite well.
After my loss of her, my life became quite directionless. Like a beacon in the middle of the night, her pale figure had been one I followed without question or worry. When it had been snuffed out, my legs scraped and scrambled to find traction, to keep moving, only to find the unknown to be filled with pitfalls and devoid of meaning.

I wonder, for just a brief moment, what caused her to seem like a child lost in the wilderness. It could be assumed that we are all searching, all fumbling forward, but I am too self-involved to think like that. My tragic life has made me a cynic. I choose to believe that I am alone in suffering.

"The world has a way of doing that to you."

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Ultima

Messages In This Thread
not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-08-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 09-09-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-19-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 09-20-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 10-10-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 10-13-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 10-23-2016, 02:07 AM