the Rift

[OPEN] not a voice you can hear at night

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
In another year, in another life, I may have moved closer to her side as she shivers in the night from whatever mental imagery she wraps around her.  Instead, I stand like a silent observer as she takes the word I offer, carefully thinking over its meanings.

The small, delicate carving of a face looks at me, through me, toward some future time or perhaps the past, and it is unnerving.  I do not much enjoy being looked at, which is perhaps why I have given up all semblance of care to my appearance.  In my youth, I had cleaned my pelt often, giving life to the contrast of my coloring.  Now, I wear a cloak of dirt and grime to hide the attractive appearance in hopes that people will look over my figure, choose to not see it.  Thus far in Helovia, it has proven rather ineffective.

I let the silence settle as the fallen dove detaches herself from reality, her eyes closing.  I expected her to start crying, noble tears falling like glittering diamonds to the earth.  She does not, instead taking on the vision of a sleeping child.  My own eyes turn to sweep out on the fields bathed in the silver light of the moon.  The pale radiance reminds me of her coat, and it stings in my chest.  My face remains blank, my eyes dead, my posture relaxed.  When someone becomes the center of your world, it only makes sense the smallest things will draw your mind to them, again and again.

Instead of a throbbing, fast paced trill of a lovestruck idiot, it is a sharp stabbing of loss.

I turn my head lazily back to her as she demands answers of me, her small voice desperate and meek.  "I tried to fight the world," I say honestly to her, my eyes seeking the small, pale gems hidden behind her long lashes.  "I swam in the blood of those who took everything, but it only served to change me into someone else."

A smile, out of place and bleak, rests on my lips as I look toward the angelic creature of pearls and summer skies.  The expression seems to radiate a grim acceptance.  The face of a man who has lost his way, and given up finding the path home.

"I learned not how to retrieve what I'd lost, only to take what is not mine," my voice flat, the words turning toward a warning to the girl who fiercely wanted whatever had been taken from her.  It is a feeling I know all too well.  "I do not suggest following my example."

"It leads to nothing worthwhile."

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Ultima

Messages In This Thread
not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-08-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 09-09-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-19-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 09-20-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 10-10-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 10-13-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ryouta - 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: not a voice you can hear at night - by Ultima - 10-23-2016, 02:07 AM