the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
Sohalia's gesture of comfort, the sensation of her touch upon Ampere's shoulder, was initially met with stiffness. Ampere hadn't expected it, least of all from Sohalia, but after the momentary surprise her form became supple with acceptance. Grief has a way of bringing souls together, however unexpected. The physical display was proof of that, but more so, it was exactly what Ampere needed. That Sohalia was present to provide company had been enough to keep Ampere sane, that they shared this torture was something Ampere could hold onto in the darkest moments because this was someone who she knew would understand. The Transcended, proving once again her strength, took that even further though, breaking through some exterior of Ampere, however weakly held up in this moment of morose exposure, to forge something miraculous.

The mixture of this sensation and the brutal, shared honesty in Sohalia's words caused Ampere to disintegrate even further, her sobs racking her frame with an utter lack of control or composure. Yet the Mother of Companions was lifted up because of it, the release more of a healing sensation than a damaging one. Though, admittedly Sohalia was no healer, and Ampere was damaged to such a state she'd never be fully repaired, but it was still something better than what would have been.

As Sohlia spoke, as she revealed matters Ampere had never known, her heart went out to the pale mare. In response she moved to pass a wing across Sohalia's back, if allowed, uniting them in this effort of self-support. They had both leaned on either side of Gaucho, and now in his absence, they inevitably crashed into each other. It made a bruise or two, but they were still there, holding each other up. Their words, their thoughts, their hearts mixed and churned together. “You deserved that hurt... it's an awful thing... but know that he loved you, no matter what arguments." She didn't know if Sohalia could believe that, but Ampere did. After everything she and he had fought about, with how good of a heart she knew the stallion to possess, she was certain he hadn't left with any lack of love for the Transcended, just a disagreement that wasn't as easily settled in the past. “As for goodbyes... sometimes I think it's better not to say them, because then we aren't promising and end, just hoping for a continuation."

Gradually Ampere was regaining some modicum of composure, but as Sohalia chuckled Ampere gave her own small laugh, as if evident her sanity had fractured and she was forced to the other side of grief where you could jokingly reviewed prior animosity. “I was different in my youth," Ampere agreed, unable to deny the wrongs she had committed against Sohalia, especially now that she knew the mare so much better. “I'd never had a love like what existed between the two of you... it was beautiful." Ampere had known little of honor and true family then, having existed nearly feral for her first several years. She took what she wanted then, because it suited her. Why had it been him though? She had often wondered that, with no real explanation. The heart wants what it wants.

“He was a brilliant flame that drew everyone to him." Not just love-struck mares, but a whole herd, and then some. It was her response to Sohalia's admission that part of it was Gaucho, this inevitable magnitude that drew him to more than Sohalia and vica versa.

As Sohalia concluded, Ampere was stunned. To think that in this moment they shared camaraderie was already astounding, but it was private, and they were both wounded. Yet to openly invite a continued friendship among mares that had once been at intense odds - why Ampere had a harder time making friends of horses she had served well. Yet she had no qualms, and if her surprise was a period of silence, it was only because she had never considered herself worthy of such forgiveness, and was honored at the extension of it. “Friends," she firmly agreed, and some splinter of her heart was returned.

[WELL SHIT, I couldn't even get half as good of a response up as your post ;-; but omg these two]

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth] - by Ampere - 11-08-2016, 12:04 PM