the Rift

the end of an era [HERD MEETING]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

After my dance with Hector, I feel, different. I am still upset over our Sultan's passing, but I don't know. I can't put my hoof on it. Well, other than my mood seemed to be lifted a bit. Someone out there, cared for me. Someone else, wanted me. Someone else, had taken me. I have been praying to the God of the Sun, to bless our union with a child. To let me carry on and give new life to the Throat. One that was not of the Wildfire's bloodline. We may all be family, but not by blood. New blood to the Throat is always a good thing. My mind is humming with sleepy thoughts and wonderful dreams.

Today I woke, and noticed my sides slightly swollen. Could it be? “DRAGON’S THROAT!” The words barely caught my ears. “PLEASE COME TO ME!” I stood up from the sands, almost at once looking around for Hector or anyone else that may be close. I saw no one as first. The winds seemed to tug on my mane and tail at once. This meeting was important, and I could not afford to miss it. With a few strides I take to the skies. I was not alone, as others were heading for the new Sultana as well. By the time I arrived, several others were already gathered. I stood off to the side, in hopes that maybe Hector or Cera or anyone I knew really would come stand with me.

Then, once most had gathered the meeting began. Of course, Sikeax began by announcing the Wildfire's death to those who did not know. A wave of grief hit me hard. The scab that had begun to cover the loss of the Sultan was ripped off to bleed freely again. Tears trailed down my face without warning. Now I needed someone near me. I was struggling to pull myself back together before she continued on. She apologized for not being able to save him. My voice cracked as I spoke. "If you could not save him, then only the God of the Sun could. Perhaps He did, in the best way He could.... Even if it was not the best way in our minds. You are not at fault Sultana." My words were for both Sikeax and the herd. After all, we all were still hurting.

I was not the only one to speak, and then she continued. Even in the wake of a loss as huge as this one, we had to go on. If we did not, then the Throat would fall. She spoke of an outcast band, and the need to be in the threshold. I nodded. However if the slight swell in my sides was correct, I would not be going to far from the Throat for a while unless I had need to. She kept going, introducing our new Gladiator as well. I glance over to the strong stallion, and silently thank the God of the Sun for such strong knights among our family. We, while at our weakest, would be protected. We would recover, and we would push forward. All for the glory of the God of the Sun.

"their speech goes here and this is the color

OOC: Oh man.... The emotions in this post for me..... way to close to home.....

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Messages In This Thread
the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Sikeax - 09-09-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Sohalia - 09-09-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Cathun - 09-09-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Tyrath - 09-10-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Ampere - 09-10-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Iskra - 09-10-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-10-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Amani - 09-11-2016, 01:32 AM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Cera - 09-11-2016, 01:59 AM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Sabia - 09-11-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: the end of an era [HERD MEETING] - by Tae - 09-11-2016, 09:26 AM