the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Get Lost...

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Excitement jittered between the mental bond that connected Edison and myself. It was to the point that I wasn't sure any longer who started the buzz of joy. Very well the emotions could have been washing off of me in waves that could be felt by anyone standing near me, but then they could come from the avian who was just happy that we were finally going to find a place to settle down and stop all of this mindless wandering that we had been doing. From the very tip of my midnight stained nose to the end of my travel tangled tail the nerve endings were lighting up and I could hardly keep all four hooves on the ground.

Edison wheeled overhead, sending mental images of all that was going on around us, once again I had screwed myself by travelling in the middle of the day. Thankful for the kite's sight I moved forward and unless you knew me, or stared deep into my lifeless moon eyes you wouldn't be able to tell that I was seeing nothing but black with the sun high in the sky. Orangemoon seemed to bring a wave of both life and death over the massive meadow that was normally colored in bright shades of purple and green. Colors that I wouldn't have normally thought would blend together so beautifully but in this particular location I thought it was quite fitting. But today, everything was a bleak brown, a sign that snow falls were on their way soon. Occassionally there was a sprig of green but those choice locations had crowds of equines surrounding it, taking in the last bit of life that the meadow had to offer.

A smile crept across my features as I continued moving along the treeline that would lead me to the Edge where I would be calling home here soon if all goes well. I saw no reason why it wouldn't go well, but life had fun ways of throwing twists and turns that I wouldn't expect at me. A growl erupted from my barrel, distracting me from my thoughts and forcing a laugh from the kite that soared above. Images of a grassy area, less populated than the others was shot through our mental bond and that was where I found myself heading.

Silently hoping that there wouldn't be any others joining us, but as the kite's talons stabbed into their familiar spots as part of me kind of hoped that company would join us so I could hold conversation with someone other than Edison's consistently grumpy ass.

"talk talk talk talk "

ON SOME KIND OF DRUG
put up the do not disturb sign
patriota--studios | @Alefwine @Esinakh | Sorry this is shitty, I hate starters and I'm rusty.
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Let's Get Lost... - by Roux - 09-10-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Let's Get Lost... - by Esinakh - 09-10-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Let's Get Lost... - by Aelfwine - 09-10-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Let's Get Lost... - by Roux - 09-11-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Let's Get Lost... - by Esinakh - 09-16-2016, 08:43 PM