the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Get Lost...

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

A sharp talon digging into my flesh, pricking the desensitized nerves on my withers, notified me that I was no longer alone. Or judging by the images popping into my mind in quick succession, maybe even the sound of a clumsy creature moving through the dead grass, there were ways I would have been able to tell without the bird of prey's assistance. But, I was grateful to know that there was someone constantly looking out for me in these strange, magical lands.

Dark tipped ears shifted slightly in the direction of the newcomer, looking up only when the small creature tore through the dead grass into the patch of life I had found. The immense danger that Edison had warned me of was nothing more than a small child, an odd creature of black and white with horns that sprouted from the side of her head along with the feathered appendages of the sky rats erupting from her shoulders. I fought back the cringe that came naturally with the idea of one of my brothers or sisters copulating with one of those that felt more at home in the sky than on the earth like a normal creature. “Hello. I Esi. Have you seen brother Rak? He look like me,” Her child-like voice filled the air, infiltrating my ear drums as lifeless, moon eyes settled where the kite informed me her frame was. A soft, ghost of a smile tugged at a single corner of my inky lips just before they parted to allow words to fall forth.

The time never came though as the sound of another approaching distracted me from the company at hand. Maybe this was her brother? Or better yet maybe it was the small creature's mother. I didn't need to look at the mare to be able to tell that she was worried, worried for the child, or worried over something going on in her own life I wasn't sure of. But it was washing off of the antlered mare in waves as she stopped close to the odd filly. "Hello." A gentle smile swept across my features as I lowered my crown in a greeting towards the newest member of our little trio. Edison flashed images at this point, she was my height, a stunning dappled grey with odd white stripes coming from her back, antlers stacked proudly on top of her emerald jeweled tiara. She spoke to the filly for a moment before turning her attention back to me. "Is she with you?"

I wanted to turn up my nose and scoff at the idea that a child of mine could possibly have wings. But rather I shook my head no, and allowed my vocal chords to add into this conversation. "I'm afraid this child is as much a stranger to me as she is to you, lady. She came looking for her brother." My pointless gaze switched between the two of them, offering a smile to both before looking at the filly again, "I too am looking for my brother. My name is Roux, what might yours be?" With the start of the second sentence I looked back between the two ladies, hoping that they would realize I was introducing myself to the both of them rather than just the child.

"talk talk talk talk "

ON SOME KIND OF DRUG
put up the do not disturb sign
patriota--studios | @Aelfwine @Esinakh | <3
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Let's Get Lost... - by Roux - 09-10-2016, 08:28 PM