the Rift

Refuge - [open]

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

A soft smile settles on the young stallion; warmed by the thought of families, the simple marking and its ties to the stallion’s bloodline. The deep-rooted hurt no longer penetrates an emotionally fragile boy, no. The brightness in his eyes is not clouded by his experiences with death. Not yet, the warmth he feels recalling his mother’s voice, and his father’s protective scent traps him…

His warm eyes blink several times, breaking his thoughts from the nostalgia – fickle, comforting thing that it was. The line of his mouth breaks into a half grin, innocent and amused by the stallion’s enthusiasm. Whether it was out of relief, or the surmounting release of his stress, Cassius laughs. A voice that jingles, worn by his travels, his worries, his hopes and regrets – casting off as the doctor concluded his pitch.

“Ah- you could say that. I mean, I have no where else to go.”

He was about to say more, until a young one entered their space. Followed closely by some sort of raptor – one that Cassius did not recognize. He couldn’t help but stare at it; curiosity peaked by the odd beardy tuff along its chin. Or the dark, angry kohl outlining its eyes, altogether frightening and whimsical.

Cassius dips his head towards them in greetings. “Hello Kiada, Khairi.” The stallion stared at the companion for a second longer, before returning his gaze to the pair – trio. Oddly enough the girl had propositioned him the same thing as the stallion ahead of him. It was a different, new feeling that started to infect him; the sense of adventure, a new beginning – and above all else, freedom. A man of his own will.

“I was just about to say I do. I suppose… I would much like a home. With friends and a new family.” His voice wavered briefly towards the end. But he quickly picked up his energy with a bright smile and a nod.

“Tilney was just telling me all about… about – the World’s Edge? Yes. If you would be so kind, I would love to hear about your home Kiada.”

But before he could become completely silent, he frowned with thought – his pale face furrowing as his emotions became more apparent. Less strained, rushed and lacking substance.

“If… if you two wouldn’t mind. To make this easier for me… I hope it’s not too forward to ask. But I would like to know what you think is the best thing about your herds, and what you believe needs working on. The good and the bad – or perhaps, the not so bad… Perhaps you could tell me.”

He hoped he hadn’t just cut off his chances of a good home. But if they were offering, and if they were people he wanted to spend the future with; surely a few simple questions wouldn’t offend them?

Unless…

Cassius would indeed find out. And for the time being he watched them with the gaze of a prudent, albeit timid outsider.

@Tilney  
@Kiada [sorry for the delay guys! thanks for being so patient! :F ]

Messages In This Thread
Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Kiada - 09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-17-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 10-30-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Merlin - 11-13-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tiamat - 11-13-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 11-21-2016, 05:41 AM