the Rift

[PRIVATE] the foxes hunt the hounds

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia's concerned gaze isn't satiated by Zero's awkward reassurance, or the laugh that floods from his lips. Normally that sound would soften her heart, but not today. Today the fright that still glistened like frost on his body, dancing over the ready-to-scar wounds made her heart tighten.

Then she laughed.

Isopia felt icicles form in her throat as the warrioress (Isopia was still clinging to that incredibly incorrect assumption) made a joke. As her gaze rolled to the demi-goddess, Isopia only returned it flatly, completely unsure of how to even categorize the emotions that she was feeling, never mind responding to them. Iso's golden stare returned Sjal's pointedly, then stiffly moved to Zero. Again that feeling of wanting-to-be-near-him-in-the-way-she-was-near-him returned, and the Mountain felt her knees lock in place as anxious jealousy rooted her where she was. Magic ran up her legs, covering them in mosses and dirt as she stared at the pair, spotlighted by Hubris' floating charm.

"What happened." She asked finally, her voice firm and unyielding. What did it matter if any of them smelled, when Zero had nearly jumped out of his skin simply because he heard the sounds of twigs breaking in the woods? Normally she would have assumed he would have run towards the sound, eager to find out what it was. And those wounds? Zero wasn't a fighter (or did she really know so little about her friend now?). Part of her wanted to chastize the unicorn for being so blithe, but she held her tongue. Perhaps Zero and this mare were ... more than friends Isopia stopped the thought, swallowing hard as she continued to search for Zero's sunbeam gaze. 

Please tell me you're alright. Tell me what happened, she thought desperately. And then, and please tell me I'm not wrong about you. About us.

Isopia couldn't handle any more rejection.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
the foxes hunt the hounds - by Zèklè - 09-12-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Själ - 09-13-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:17 AM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Zèklè - 09-14-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Själ - 09-14-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Isopia - 09-19-2016, 10:11 AM
RE: the foxes hunt the hounds - by Zèklè - 09-24-2016, 01:48 AM