the Rift

[OPEN] strangers just passing along

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

She didn't move much, either my approach hadn't been as originally unannounced as I had planned...or Edison was right and the girl was quite sad. A single ear flicked back to listen as I drew closer but other than the rise and fall of her rib cage Frost Fyre didn't move a single muscle in reaction to her and her bonded no longer being alone. "She's sad idiot." Edison screeched in my head once more as he peered around my neck to look at the duo, clearly he was a bit more observant than I because I would have just figured she was dozing off, or deep in concentration. It wasn't until I interrupted the silence that the mare seemed to care about my presence. A soft gasp fled from her parted lips as she turned to face me.

Emeralds widened almost comically as her jaw dropped ever so slightly as if she was looking at a ghost. Although with all the death in my lineage lately I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if my friend had thought me as dead as the rest of them. Swallowing a lump that was beginning to form in my throat I offered a gentle smile and my tarnished crown bobbed in a greeting, a low chuckle slipping forth when her breathy voice finally found her again. "Roux." She nearly whispered while moving in closer to me, the moonlight glittered off of her eyes as she reached out to brush her muzzle against my own. I leaned into her touch, glad to have the scent and touch of someone familiar once again...it had been too long. "It's been a while." A chime like laugh rang forward, evoking memories of prancing through the snow with the spotted lady ass children, as she moved away from me once again. Part of me wanted to move back into her touch, craving the memories of simpler times, but the movement would seem to intimate between friends who hadn't seen each other in so long.

Not to mention it seemed as if her stag demanded more attention than I would have asked for at this time anyway, he gripped her mane with his inky mouth, tugging gently until she pulled her emerald gaze away from me to look at him. "My companion's name is Altair, and he's very pleased to meet you," a smile pulled across my features as I turned sightless eyes towards the stag and nodded in greeting again. "It's a pleasure Altair. This, is Edison." While speaking I turned slightly so the grumpy red bird was in full sight before turning back to face the bonded pair. "It's wonderful to see you again Frost." Moon eyes settled upon her two toned form once again, memories of a slight childhood crush came forth but I pushed those back, we were nearly strangers to each other now. Plus, she surely had a man back home waiting on her return. Probably worried sick that she was gone at this time of night.

"How've you been? Where did you go?" A deep chuckle slipped out as I shook my head slightly. Where hadn't I gone? I traveled the lands of Helovia in search of my brother and when the search went poorly I just...hid. Clearing my throat I pondered quickly over the best way to handle this situation. "I had been searching for Sacre, only to find out he had left...and that he is a member of the Edge now. So, that is my next stop. I've been....better, but things seem to be looking up a little now." My gaze pulled away for a second, looking instead at the moon reflecting off of the creek we stood by, wondering where I would be if I hadn't ran into Mauja in the Steppe. Would I be back in the Basin, struggling to walk in my father's footsteps? Flicking my tail against my two toned hocks I flashed a quick smile in the mare's direction and allowed my vocal chords to vibrate into action once again. "How have you been? You've grown up, a lot, since the last time we've seen each other. Any little ones running around in the snow and ice?"

"Speech" text
ROUX & EDISON
couldn't say I love you,
so I became heartless.

image credits | @Frost Fyre | he's so awkward xD
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread