the Rift

[OPEN] strangers just passing along

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I could feel the kite's irritation wane slightly as the stag grunted in what I could only assume was a greeting. Although he still didn't quite forgive me for adding more time onto our travels, Edison was growing used to my wandering rather than settling in one place like a normal creature. A shiver passed over my bloodied frame as I looked away from my company, moon eyes settling on the glittering water and then the way the moonlight hit the glass panes of the building that Edison had once explained to me were colored beautifully, stained by some kind of magic that created a sight I had told him to never show me. The idea of never being able to see something so stunning and magical through my own eyes was heart breaking.

It wasn't until the blanketed mare asked how life had been treating me that I focused monochromatic eyes back on her eyes that I knew to be a stunning shade of green that would put even the greenest of grass to shame. The words of loss, and what I hoped would soon be putting things back together fell unceremoniously from my ink stained lips forcing my gaze away from hers once again in feeble hopes that she wouldn't be able to see the pain of the realization that my family was gone. "I'm so happy for you." Her words spilled forth easily, beautifully, as everything else she did, drew my gaze back to her once more. Edison shifted on my back his sharp talons digging deeper into the muscle of my shoulders for a second before he took off for a better perch that wouldn't be moving quite as much as he complained that I did. Instead he sat happily in a low-hanging branch not far from where we stood.

I shoved the conversation onward, pressing a question of family into the space between us, hoping and praying that she wouldn't have someone waiting for her. But then I felt selfish for hoping that, and rather hoped that she was happy with wherever life had brought her in our time apart. "I've been well, I was promoted to Haruspex. It's a lonely way of life, I suppose, so no little ones," A sad chuckle slid forth as her sentence finished and I fought back the urge to reach out to comfort my childhood friend. "It's a shame such honor comes at such a great price..." "What about you? Any little ones accompanying you to the Edge?" The kite crowed with laughed over our mental bond and if he weren't so far away I would have shoved him off of my shoulder into the creek we stood beside. Although I couldn't disagree entirely with his amusement in the idea of me having children, that would mean being in the same place for more than a few minutes at a time. If there were any children with my blood running through their veins in the lands of Helovia they weren't my own. With how long it had been I couldn't be entirely sure if Sacre hadn't fathered children of his own.

One day I would have a family, I hoped. But for now I was alone, just me and my unhappy soulmate. A sad smile crept across my features as I shook my head gently from side to side. "No, I haven't been so lucky." I cleared my throat, swallowing the lump that was beginning to form before forcing a bright smile across my face and making my vocal chords dance once again. "Tell me, beautiful, how is life as a Haruspex? Other than lonely?" A small part of me wanted to ask if she would accompany me back to the Edge, but that time was not now. She had a high title, a purpose, and probably many suitors that she didn't even realize.

"Speech" text
ROUX & EDISON
couldn't say I love you,
so I became heartless.

image credits | @Frost Fyre | sorry this took me so long!
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
strangers just passing along - by Frost Fyre - 09-12-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: strangers just passing along - by Roux - 09-12-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: strangers just passing along - by Frost Fyre - 09-12-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: strangers just passing along - by Roux - 09-12-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: strangers just passing along - by Frost Fyre - 09-13-2016, 10:07 AM