Horus Tarkus Posts: 7
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 7
Escapist
horus tarkus
History, despite it's wrenching pain, cannot be unlived,
but if faced with courage,
need not be lived again.
Ah yes, a key. Horus had been informed that he was going to need such a thing in order to get into the herd lands. He wasn’t entirely sure how that was supposed to work, and he hadn’t thought to ask. He had assumed that it was some code phrase, or perhaps an item that allowed him to traverse safely. Come to think, he hadn’t asked much about the situation where the herd was located, and as they found themselves on the banks of a vast expanse of water, he saw in the distance an island. It was then that the tired stallion made the connection. He lifted his cranium and his audits pricked as Hector spoke. So this key had to be some sort of magical item that would allow him to cross the waters. It would appear that the wings that Hector held were more than just a flashy bit of feathers to use to woo a mare. They had a practical use after all. He wondered briefly in his sleep-deprived state if he might have to grow wings in order to continue living here; if that even was an option. Though the journey to reach Hector’s home had been long, it had been wonderful, leading them through forests and meadows, and Horus found that Hector was willing to answer his questions when he asked them, though when it came to the stallion’s personal history, he kept it to himself. While Horus was more than happy to hear brief goings-on about the Dragon’s Throat herd, he would much rather here the tale of such a place straight from the source, and that would be the herd members. One could discover only so much with one source. After a time, Horus had grown quiet and was just happy to be in the company of another rather than traveling on his own. Still, things kept him awake at night, mostly in the department of him questioning all that he had ever known. He was trying to recall those old tales that the Shaman in his herd had told, but he had, unfortunately, kept them locked away. He wasn’t sure how useful they would have been for him anyways, seeing as how Helovia was quite real, and there was so much to learn.

Hector seemed quite excited for Horus to meet those that he had the pleasure to call in leadership. The way that his fiery eyes moved between the shore and the blood bay, the inclination of his skull and the way his voice carried a trumpeting sound across the waters proved to Horus even more clearly that Hector, while also friend, was certainly a warrior. The smaller stallion straightened himself, attempting to shake the sleep from his pelt, shuffling his daggers against the soft sand. Sand! He had traveled many places, but never anywhere close enough to lead him to sand and waters this far reaching. It went on as far as he could see in any direction. That thought was simultaneously comforting and also terrifying; to know that he existed as himself as such a small creature in this world, though he could be considered a giant to the dragonfly that was buzzing softly near a felled branch. It was beginning to cool in the evening from the summer days to the colourful dance of autumn, and such a chill was a relief to his dark pelt which leeched up the sun rays all day long. It took him a moment to realize he had skipped a beat in responding to Hector, having been distracted by the sheer beauty of the environment around him. He turned his attention back to the liver stallion and dipped his head.

“Of course. I will be delighted to meet those you call to in times of need. I am sure that those who you are lucky to call leaders do so with steady hand and with noble hearts much like your own,” the words fell from Horus’ lips in a soft spoken manner with high respect. It would do no good to slip something from his tired tongue that would cause offense. He would need to make sure that he was on his utmost behavior and put his best hoof forward; even if that meant taking an extra moment or two to fully think out his response. Rather better to be thought of as thoughtful than to be thought of as brash and rude. His raven banner flicked back and forth calmly behind him, brushing against his rump and flicking away any of the water insects that thought they would make his hide their new home. His blue orbs took on an almost silver-tinged hue in the moonlight, reflecting off the waters which he again found himself drawn to.

The stallion wasn’t sure what it was about this place, but the idea of being surrounded by such marvelous beauty delighted him; even more so the water, with such calming brilliance. Though his herd had been to many places in their travels, they had never found themselves anywhere remotely resembling an ocean, or a large lake, for that matter. It seemed they were always well within the middle of the world, along plains and hills and the occasional mountain that graced their features. It suddenly occurred to Horus that perhaps his lust for knowledge and history was because, while he fully understood and knew his own herd’s forwards and backwards, he did not have much knowledge of the world at large. The thought that perhaps he was quite sheltered and naïve had not crossed his mind before, but in the last few days, he supposed that all of his knowledge had been challenged. He let out a soft sigh and returned his attentions to Hector, speaking his mind before he perhaps lost his nerve.

“Thank you, Hector; for providing me such wonderful company, and for being so gracious as to offer to show me your home. I am ever grateful for your patience with me and my need to adjust to this,” he paused, indicating with his head in a controlled gesture the general area around them, “Entire thing. You have been nothing but kind to me, and I want you to know that you have my undying gratitude in that respect.”The blood bay stallion dipped his white blazed cranium in a respectful bow, as it was the only thing that he could think of that would be able to communicate all that he wanted to show this stallion before perhaps he would need to give those same respects to his leaders.

===

Word Count :: 1100
Muse :: Fairly good!
Notes :: Wee! I think they would be good to have anyone join them at any time.
@Hector

"Talk."

coloring & coding credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Long Journey at it's End [Hector/Open] - by Horus Tarkus - 09-14-2016, 04:48 AM