Horus Tarkus Posts: 7
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 7
Escapist
horus tarkus
History, despite it's wrenching pain, cannot be unlived,
but if faced with courage,
need not be lived again.
Horus is delighted to see that Hector seemed to deem his answer to his questions acceptable, and he relaxed his shoulders, which had become tense while concocting a proper response. It was not long after this small exchange that a shadow passed in front of the moon, blotting it out of the sky for a brief moment. It is this plunge into shadow that brings the bay stallion’s head back up to attention and towards the atmosphere. A large creature with wings that appeared a touch too large for the body it was attached to was making its way towards them, creamy underbelly reflecting against the dark waters below. As it came closer, Horus was able to discern that the figure was equine, though certainly on the more athletic and lithe spectrum. As the apparent stallion made his landing, Horus stepping backwards in a small shuffle to create what he felt was enough room, the bay was able to get a proper look at the new companion.

This new stallion seemed to have been crafted for agility, his lean muscle rippling with aerodynamics, their distinctive splashed pattern alternating what he could assume was a brilliant soft gold against milky cream. As of the moment, with the shadows, the gold tone took on a bit of a dark, almost caramel or thick honey hue, and the pale sections of his pelt reflected the dark blue-ish tint of the water and the dark sky. His mane faded in similar colours in an ombre fashion, from that same honey-hue to snow, the wings upon his person (and what a large affair they were) alternating these same colorations among the feathers, with no discernable pattern to them. His calm features reflected deep green orbs, as if the forests behind them could have been found there. What attracted Horus’ immediate attention (aside from the stallion’s feathery digits) were the apparent scars across his person, particularly the one that made its home on his breast. Overall, the stallion stood not quite a full hand taller than Horus, and held himself with dignity, though there seemed to be a solemn nature to him that struck him as out of place, as if the stallion had been busy reminiscing over some other thought before the bugle had called him to order and he was just now tucking that memory into its box and locking it away.

It was then that this stallion spoke, welcoming Horus to their lands, and introducing himself as Cera. Hector seemed quite eager to answer his herd-mate as he stepped forward, uttering an apology and dipping his head before introducing Horus and explaining the situation. It seemed the liver stallion was in much need to make amends with his former friend as he stepped forward in an attempt to make a friendly nudge with his shoulder against the golden-spattered stallion.

Horus shifted on his pillars, stepping back into social proximity, telling himself not to gawk at Cera’s wings, now tucked neatly against the stallion’s sides. The blood bay bowed his head low in respect, his soft white blaze cutting a path through the darkness as his cranium lowered. “It is an honour to make your acquaintance, Cera. Hector has told me that your herd, the Dragon’s Throat, is one of nobility and strength, and I see that he certainly did not exaggerate.” He brought himself back to his full height, shaking his pelt as the cool air brought a fresh breeze to the small gathering. “As Hector has so graciously informed you, I am called Horus Tarkus, though Horus is just fine; I find it to be much less a mouthful.” He gave a light chuckle, his bodice rumbling as the sound carried from deep within his breast. “Forgive me if any of my manners are lacking. I have been traveling for quite some time and I fear that without any form of proper rest, I’ve been pushed towards my limits. When Hector told me of your herd, I found the thought of meeting you all to be a delightful one. I wish not to intrude if that is not welcome, as from what I can discern, I would need wings or a key to enter your territory. I can imagine that inviting strange stallions to your land would come with its own obstacles and as such bring forth a system in which to protect your families.” He straightened himself again, watching Cera with his blue eyes, trying to not look as tired as he felt, hoping that he came across as alert as he could be. “I would be more than willing, and quite happy to perform any sort of task or answer any questions that you may need to put your mind at ease so that I may find safe passage to your island.”

Horus glanced between Hector and Cera, hoping that he was not speaking too much. He did not fear saying too little, as that had never been a concern for the stallion, even when he was but a wee colt. He did, however, have a habit of getting nervous and feeling a childish need to impress those that he met, and it seemed that became more prevalent when his bones were weary. He hoped that, at the very least, he made a good impression and that Cera thought of him as more of a respectful soul rather than one too eager to please. While the latter might be true to some extent, he’d rather air in the side of caution and present himself as a gentle and cautious soul than one that was going to kiss ass at any length, as that has never been the case; Horus could have quite a stubborn streak if he was so inclined. His raven banner swayed silently behind him as the moon stretched across the water, spreading her fingers across the waves like a silent guardian, watching over the gathering.

It was then that Horus made note of the small creature that was on Cera’s back, tucked between the folds of the stallion’s wings. He caught only a glimpse, but it appeared to be some sort of fuzzy marsupial, small in nature. He thought it was, anyways. Perhaps he was just exhausted and it was a trick of the eyes. He decided not to say anything if it was, indeed, just his mind playing tricks on him. Though, with Hector having shown him some small magic previous, he supposed having a small animal companion would have been the least strange thing he would have seen since arriving in Helovia.

===

Word Count :: 1097
Muse :: Fabulous! A little rocky at first, but picked up towards the end
Notes :: This should be quite fun! Sorry if Some parts drag, I’m a bit tired myself as I finish this up, so hopefully it holds to standards!

"Talk."

coloring & coding credit

@Cera

ps note: Hey! :3 I know you've said you've got the post finished, you just have to get it up, but I figured I'd bring attention back to it since (for timeline reasons) I'm unable to move Horus forward in anything else until I finish this thread. Thank you for understanding!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Long Journey at it's End [Hector/Open] - by Horus Tarkus - 09-17-2016, 12:37 AM