the Rift

[OPEN] Scratched the Surface

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

if we're fucked up
you're to blame

Much to the kite's excitement I was following my word, the promise I made to the bird of prey the night that I ran into my childhood friend. In normal Roux fashion there had been plenty of wandering around the lands of Helovia before we finally found ourselves staring up at the once majestic wall of glass that protected the members of the Edge from less than desirable folk, much like the metal guards did in the mountain pass the Basin opened into. It was late, as it usually was when I traveled or had anything of importance to tend to, the moonlight pierced through the shattered glass sending rays of light to dance across the grass that was slowly dying with the oncoming winter. Leaving me with an almost eerie feeling as I stood where the entrance to these promised lands used to be placed, now there were plenty of entries...but something just felt more right to be at the proper entrance rather than just waiting for someone to find me lingering around a blemish in their protection.

"Call someone." The travel weary kite's voice echoed through the shadows of my mind, my only response was dark rimmed ears flicking back against my dark tresses. There was plenty of time before I had to wake anyone up...it was late and part of me wondered if I should wait until the sun began creeping back through the sky before I introduced myself to what would be my new home. It would leave me reliant upon the beady eyes of the kite to know what our leads looked like, to know what anything looked like for that matter, and with his grumpiness over me deciding to wander a little longer I wasn't entirely sure if he was fully willing to deal with my needs.

A shaky sigh slid forth as I took a careful step closer to the once grand wall, nerves of joy and well...nervousness flicked through my being as I thought over how this could go. I could be welcomed with a warm embrace and open arms, thrown right into work as a medic where I would be happy and able to practice some of what I already knew thanks to having the Nightshade as a father. Or my lineage of racism and the Basin would leave me turned out into the cold without any further knowledge of my brother's well-being. But if Mauja had been able to find sanctuary behind this shattered wall, surely the son of the Poisoner would also be welcomed?

Ebony and ivory limbs moved easily across the decaying grass till I was flush with the entrace, moon eyes drifted over my shoulder momentarily as I looked to Edison for a little bit of morale support when I half wanted to run away again to hide for another couple years till I could handle the loss my family had suffered through. He ruffled his feathers and cocked his head to the side, sharp talons digging into my withers as he reminded me that I had promised him we were done being vagabonds. Snorting I turned back to face the misty lands of the Edge, letting a neigh loose to inform whoever was around that there was a newcomer to these parts.
"talk talk talk"

image credits
@Alysanne & @Tembovu & open
roux is here to join the edge since mauja told him his brother is here
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 09-13-2016, 09:59 AM