the Rift

[OPEN] Scratched the Surface

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Well, it certainly was a great day when those met on the borders of the edge were polite and friendly. Even more so when the thundering form of their great Elephant King didn’t come to disturb the peace! She hadn’t often gotten the chance to greet someone on her own lately - or perhaps it was that he just bothered her enough that it seemed like he was more present than he was.

Hemlock watched with beady black eyes as the kite took off from the stallion’s withers and settled on a piece of broken glass nearby. He hooted a low greeting to it, cautiously testing the waters with this strange creature. He had never quite seen a bird like it before but it was less flashy than the bright zephyrs he had seen so maybe it was okay.

But Alysanne’s attention was on Roux, as he introduced himself - her smile turning soft at the mention of the Aurora Basin. That herdland held no negative thoughts for her, instead it conjured peaceful afternoons spent collecting herbs with the wonderful Lena.

She wasn’t left to muse about the past for very long, however, because Roux cleared his throat and continued speaking.

How wonderful! Alysanne, who had certainly already been smiling, absolutely lit up at the mention of how Sacre was this young man’s brother! Family was such a soft spot for her - she remembered the overwhelming joy when her twin sister had come to the Edge, seeking her out - and just the idea that someone else could feel that happiness chased away all her clouds. Hemlock hooted with delight as well, recalling Sacre’s fox companions - his absolute favourite. “Oh yes! Mauja brought young Sacre here not too long ago. He actually joined our healing ranks as well so you will have a familiar face with you!” Did healing run in their family? She wanted to ask but held her tongue - deciding that she could at least welcome Roux into the herd before asking him questions of such a nature.

“You would be most welcome to stay, Roux.” And with that, she stepped aside and motioned with her wing toward the forest of the Edge behind her. “Come on in, let’s see if we can go find your brother? I haven’t seen him today but I’m sure he’s around here somewhere.” Though she would not intrude upon their reunion, she hoped that for a little while at least they could lend their eyes to help him seek out Roux’s brother.
If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 09-13-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Alysanne - 09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 10-01-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Alysanne - 10-15-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 06:30 AM