the Rift

[OPEN] Scratched the Surface

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Erthë bowed the head towards the monochrome mare as Alysanne joined her, the smile on her lips turning a touch ironic at the queens choice of words. Was she saying that on purpose, or did she just not think about how it might sound to the young cripple? Was she being made fun of? It would surprise her, seeing as the mare used to be a healer before acquiring her current rank... but then again prejudice could be found in the strangest of places.

"Hardly, my Queen. Just a matter of timing, I assure" Erthë replied in quiet tones, as the long tail wrapped in lazy coils around a blue-tinted hind leg. "Had I not been in the area you would have been done by the time I arrived, I should think." I'm not exactly quick on my feet after all.

But she swallowed the remark without giving voice to it. It wouldn't do to appear touchy about something that couldn't be helped, not in front of a mare she'd already embarrassed herself before and a complete stranger. Curbing her tongue - ah, what a skill it was, and how poorly it suited her - Erthë returned her attention to the supplicant at the gate, and remained quiet as he explained his errand and asked for shelter. His former allegiance and familial ties did little to surprise the girl, but the appeal to join the herd made Erthë raise a brow in curiosity. Of course Alysanne accepted without hesitation - really, what was with the rulers and their willingness to embrace anyone without even asking why - but though her smile remained equally polite and pleasant as she stepped up to open the gate for the unicorn, the young mare wasn't as quick to trust.

"Welcome to the herd" she offered, falling in by Roux's side once he was past the border. "How come you left the Basin, do they have a surplus of healers there?" Erthë raked her eyes across his frame, the soft tone of her voice doing little to blunt the sharpness of the gaze or indeed the brusque nature of the question. Wrapping things in cotton was boring, exhausting and quite pointless - not her style at all.

ERTHË
It's too cold outside for angels to fly
Image Credits

@Roux

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 09-13-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Alysanne - 09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 10-01-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Scratched the Surface - by Alysanne - 10-15-2016, 10:44 PM