the Rift

[OPEN] where do we go [Mathèo]

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

A boyish and eager smile broke across his ashen muzzle as she agreed. For the first time he noticed how similar her eyes were to the colour of the water. The colour was blue, of course, but not just blue. It was a deep colour, without necessarily being dark. There were points of sunlit sparkle, just like the waves, that lined her eyes in a way that if asked, he wouldn't have quite been able to articulate.

He nodded in eager agreement as the cited the ocean's beauty, and then turned an inquisitive gaze towards her as she mentioned whales. Still being quite young, there was so much in the world that he didn't know about. As such, the expression of awe on his face wasn't accompanied by surprise. That such vast creatures lurked below the surface was amazing, but not surprising. The world was full of wonders, wasn't it?

"Whales-" He muttered, more to himself than to her, as he let his green gaze return to the sea, as if he was sampling the word. As her question drew his gaze from the sea, back to the naturally coloured contours of the face, the boy paused a moment to smile. In his short life he had not learned to be bashful or ashamed of his feelings, nor had he associated any sort of appreciation of beauty with the need to be masked by some other motive. And so, he allowed himself a moment to smile, and drink in the sparkling baubles that sat against her hair and chest, and the way her eyes mirrored the sea.

"I am Mathèo." He said, that bizarre accent sounding even stronger as he pronounced the accented sounds in his name. Some called him Mats, others, Thèo. Rarely was he called by his full name. He wasn't entirely sure why ... But for the moment, the thought didn't bother him.

"I don't believe I know your family-" He began, each syllable somehow subtly allowed its own space in between, especially in family, making it sound more like fahm-ee-lee. He only mentioned this because of the way he had been raised - by the Dragon's Throat as as herd, rather than any one particular parent. Thèo had bounced around from herd member to herd member, learning what he could from them, and then moved on. "My mother ... ahh, she believes in having me learn from as many members from the Dragon's Throat as I can .. and I am sure if I had met your family, they would have mentioned having such a lovely daughter." Flattery came easily to the boy, but it was also genuine, and rolled off his tongue naturally.

mathèo
The flames are getting higher - in effigy.
Burning down the bridges of my memory
Image Credits

@Vinati.

Messages In This Thread
where do we go [Mathèo] - by Vinati - 09-14-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Mathèo - 09-19-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Vinati - 10-08-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Mathèo - 10-10-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Vinati - 10-14-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Mathèo - 11-12-2016, 03:17 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Vinati - 11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: where do we go [Mathèo] - by Mathèo - 01-01-2017, 04:38 PM