the Rift

[OPEN] when the sparrows stop singing

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
As I flew back to the Throat I honestly don't think I could have been any happier. Just a few months before I was a sobbing mess when I left to make a new life in the Hidden Falls, but things had changed so much in that time. It was pretty amazing to look back on it. I think what made me happiest, though, was that Rhoa was living in the Falls with me. And he loved me. But most importantly, we were going to be parents. I hadn't told Rhoa yet, but I suspected that maybe he had noticed that I was getting a little bit rounder... but then again maybe it was just me being hyper-sensitive. I'd just tell him when I got back home.

I got to the Throat much faster than I expected and when I landed on the sands I took a deep breath and sighed. Part of me had suspected that I would be sad the first time I went back because I would be leaving again. But I wasn't sad. I was finally content with the decision that I had made to leave because everything had seemed to fall into place. The only thing that could have made it better was if Cera was with me, but I wasn't going to ask him to leave the Throat when I knew how much he loved it there. As long as I could visit him in the Throat (since Gaucho had said I was welcome) I would.

"Cera!" I called out for my brother and I glanced around. I wanted to walk to the tree where we had always slept and look for him there, but I forced myself to stay where I was. Sure, Gaucho said I was welcome in the Throat, but I was still a guest. Guests didn't just wander around wherever they wanted. "Cera! Gaucho!" I tucked my wings tightly against my sides as I waited because I was confident that Cera would hear me calling for him and wouldn't keep me waiting long.

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Cera @Amani

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
when the sparrows stop singing - by Ranjiri - 09-16-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Amani - 09-16-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Cera - 09-22-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Ranjiri - 09-25-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Amani - 09-29-2016, 09:12 PM