the Rift

[OPEN] when the sparrows stop singing

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I waited, alternating between watching the sky and the horizon for either Gaucho or Cera, but it was neither of them that I saw flying toward me. I couldn't help but feel happiness when I spotted Amani. It had been far too long since the last time I'd seen her and when she landed I trotted toward her. "Amani!" There was no hiding my happiness or my excitement at seeing my friend again, but when I looked at her I stopped dead in my tracks. Her sides were rounded and she seemed to glow more than she usually did. "Oh my god." I gasped. "Oh my god, Amani, are you pregnant?!" I didn't really notice the tone of her voice, I was too relieved, I guess, that one of my friends was pregnant, too. I was already imagining our children becoming friends and playing together.

"Ranjiri."

I had been so absorbed in Amani that I hadn't noticed Cera until he said my name and when I turned to him .... it was like the whole world came to a screeching halt. I knew that look in his eyes far too well. "What? What's wrong?" I glanced at Amani before looking back to Cera. I'd seen that look time and again and, already, I could feel my stomach tying itself into knots because I knew bad news was coming. I could feel it and ...

Where was Gaucho?

"Gaucho cannot come to you."

"What? Why?" I asked, though I was already dreading the answer.

"...sickness ... sorry ... dead..."

"What?" I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't believe it. "When? How long?" Oh my god, Rhoa... Tears stung my eyes as the heavy reality of what Cera had just told me hit home. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. This felt so much worse than when Midas had died. "No." I whispered, as if denying it would undo what had happened. "No." .... I was going to have to tell Rhoa.

"I'm sorry."

I willingly stepped into Cera's embrace, greedily taking the comfort he offered and giving back what little comfort I could offer. I rested my cheek against his shoulder, sniffling and shivering despite the warmth. "I should have come back sooner." I whispered, my voice cracking under the weight of my sadness. Gaucho had been there for me for so long and ... I couldn't believe that he was gone. "... so I could've told him." Now my child would never know her grandfather. "Oh gods, Cera." Why did this keep happening? Why did we keep losing the ones that we loved.  Why did everything good have to be marred by something so completely horrible?

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Cera @Amani
[url=http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=1689][/url]

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
when the sparrows stop singing - by Ranjiri - 09-16-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Amani - 09-16-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Cera - 09-22-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: when the sparrows stop singing - by Ranjiri - 09-25-2016, 01:11 AM