the Rift

[PRIVATE] Don't be surprised, I will still rise

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere the Mother of Companions

For the first time in a long time, Ampere feared for the herd. She hadn't felt this way since the mysterious spree of killings those seasons past - a sensation that didn't immediately subside even once the perpetrator was exposed.
Her heart clenched.

This time the threat wasn't one that affected the entire realm, but it affected her world, and that was more than enough. She knew what it was this time too, but that didn't make it any easier, especially since it was already within the herd. What do you do when the call's coming from inside the house?
This had never been a concern of her's when Gaucho had reigned. Even though she had often been at odds with him, whether regarding the matters of their heart or his decisions as a lead, it had never diminished the love of the faith she kept for him. If he wanted to blow up the land or bond twice, she'd be pissed, but she knew he was strong enough to weather it - both her rage and whatever end would come of his decision.

Sikeax she wasn't so sure about though.

With the memory of the herd meeting still buzzing in her ears, Ampere worked quickly to gather up her children, the itch of fear pushing her into haste. One thing that could always stir Ampere from misery was anger, and so it bit at her now, awakening her, even if just for the time being. The blow of Gaucho's death still weighed heavily on her, on all of them, and so it would for an eternity, only becoming easier once time allowed them to adjust to that weight. The herd lost a leader, but they lost part of their family, and that meant that more than ever they needed to pull the wreckage together. Maybe it'd be held together with old gum and shoe strings, but it was enough at least to look like something strong again, even if the inside was still hollowed and broken. Look at it long enough and maybe it'd inspire them.

So she dried her tears for a while and set her lips in a thin line of ill-contained fury, and she worked to rise up from the crippling loss to keep what she still had. Dusk had fallen by the time she gathered them all. A small electric hare offered an eerie blue light for their huddle, and Ampere glanced at it in thought as she regarded her children.

"We are still tangled in grief," she finally said, "and I can't ask that you move on from that yet." I certainly can't, some frail part of her whispered, but she refused to let it be noticed. Her kids had seen enough of her weakness as of late, time to remind them otherwise.
"But we cannot ignore what the greater impact this has left on the herd, and our lives. Ampere blinked slowly, a ghost haunting her behind her eyes, the topic too close for comfort still, and the need to be strong an obvious discomfort in this hour. She pressed on though, her teeth clenched as her gaze lifted. "We must steel ourselves against some unfavorable changes that are due to come. Now, more than ever, it is crucial we stand together as a family and always have each other's backs." Her attention shifted to each child in turn, knowing that they may not always mesh together well, hell even she didn't always get along with her kids (though her original doubts with the girls had long since waned), but that was all trivial underneath the greater love.

"Families may not always get along, but at the end of the day we love each other and we defend each other, not matter what. This is our home." The herd was family too, if not by blood, than certainly sand and sweat, and like any family maybe the herd didn't always get along with each other, but it was important to still protect each other when it mattered. Whatever Ampere's feelings for Sikeax, she would still risk everything to save that mare from an outside threat - but that wouldn't stay Ampere's hand from doing her best to pummel Sikeax if she was the threat to the herd.

From her back, Ampere pulled her tiger-skin cloak and laid it down before Tae. "This is from the tiger goddess that came from the rift. When you wear it you're harder to notice and identify for a time. Use it wisely."

Electricity then guided the bone dagger, Feusohm, towards Grusha's feet. "Made from the bones of a fearsome monster that several Helovian's had to take down, long before your birth... this dagger, Feusohm, will point you towards whatever name you speak to it. It must be someone's true name though, so be alert to deception."

Similarly sparks set a metal dagger, Forza, and its leather sheath, at Zero's reach. "This dagger was gifted to me by the land itself. It has five other sisters, which I've dispersed among my allies. Speak to it a particular phrase - the whatching shift goes ever on - and notice that it reveals nearby lands to you to watch. This one is Forza, meaning strength, which I hope it will help bring to you as it has me."

"Use these to defend yourselves, and each other, in the times when I may not be there to do so." She grit her teeth, a deep set frown carving her maw. "Not because I am leaving, but because I cannot always be there. You're all old enough now, but do treat them with care. A weapon has no qualms on turning on its wielder if not handled properly."
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

@Tae @Grusha @Zèklè

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Don't be surprised, I will still rise - by Ampere - 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM