the Rift

[OPEN] harvest moon

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Her smile was bright as she watched Gawen transform from bubbling excitement to complete focus. He really wanted to learn! She should have guessed that, of course, from his enthusiasm in asking her to tell him about the plants, but she had half-expected him to lose interest quickly like some of her other pupils had. But not this pretty winged little boy! Gawen was an excellent student - not just because he was a great listener but because he actually asked when he needed clarification on something. Alysanne would hate for someone to be left in confusion when she was trying to help! It had been a long time since she had tried to teach anything to a foal and she feared she was out of practice. But, she hoped, this would be the first of many little lessons with foals - perhaps there would be even one of her own in there at some point.

Her green eyes watched him as he asked his questions, attempting to clarify about the vines and their flowers. “That’s a good question.” She complimented him with a flash of smile before answering him. “The flowers only appear in Birdsong and they’re the part that is helpful. You can eat the leaves - I have, at least. They’re a little sour so I didn’t care for the taste and I don’t believe they’re helpful for more than anything except for filling your belly.” When she said ‘belly’ she reached over with her dark muzzle to nudge his side in a silly, maternal gesture she would have used with her own children. “Still, they will not hurt you.”

His next question was about the blackcurrant and Alysanne grinned brightly at him, glad he had caught her when she only focused on one part of the plant. “Actually, the entire plant can be used. The leaves will also help with an upset stomach especially if someone has… uh…” Suddenly, Alysanne wasn’t so sure what term she should use for ‘diarrhea’ around the colt. Had he already learned that word somewhere? Or was she going to have that honour? She got over her hesitation quickly, reminding herself that if Gawen was seriously considering becoming a healer when he was grown he was going to need to learn a few unfortunate words here and there. “Runny poop or diarrhea. And they’re also helpful for aching joints, for those of us who are getting a little older.” She winked at him then.

Further delighting her, the young colt turned to her and asked about whether they would be able to grow these plants in the ‘glass thing’. She nodded along and her sweet voice filled the peaceful night once more. “We’ll be able to grow the currants there, but not the vine, I think. From what I’ve seen, it only grows on these trees.” She gestured to the grove that encircled them, the gently glowing branches of the beautiful trees looking as though they pulsed with moonlight. “Sometimes, plant species can’t exist without each other - they form a close friendship, a symbiosis, with each other. And if we were to take the vine away from the trees, I don’t think they would survive for very long.”

She paused there, watching and waiting to see if this inspired more questions from the delightful Gawen. She certainly hoped so! This was the most pleasant night she had had in quite some time and she did not wish for it to end soon.  

And if I fall and crash and burn
at least we both know that I tried

image by Danjah

FINALLY :D
@Gawen <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
harvest moon - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 04:36 PM
RE: harvest moon - by Gawen - 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: harvest moon - by Alysanne - 09-30-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: harvest moon - by Gawen - 10-06-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: harvest moon - by Alysanne - 11-28-2016, 09:10 PM