the Rift

[OPEN] i have no idea what i'm doing [anyone]

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

If she were actually the kind of girl to tell you how she really feels (or even admit how she really feels), she might tell you that she is actually somewhat fond of the Falls. She’ll tell people it’s ‘rather lovely’ when recruiting, because whatever, it is. But she never says it with fondness in her voice (or, any emotion really). But if she’s stuck in this hell hole that is Helovia, the Falls is the only place she can really imagine calling home. Because it’s either this, or stand in the ocean somewhere and wait till the water just washes her away. Which could take rather a long time, if she’s being honest.

If she has to live on the land, and if she has to live without her siren powers, this is the only place she’s willing to do it.

Which is saying something, because the place was nearly dead during Tallsun. Apparently she was the only one stupid and stubborn enough stick around through the wildfires, still trekking to the Threshold in a vain attempt to bring back recruits. Needless to say, she had little luck. But it’s pretty hard to sell a place that’s literally burning down around you.

Now though, even the slightly warmer days are hardly unpleasant. The nights are cool and beautiful, the world here still with only the crickets and frogs for company most evenings. She spends most nights hidden away in her own little pool, far enough off the beaten path almost no one ever finds her there. Well, almost never. There’s a mare not that far off. Far enough Syrena wouldn’t say she’s been discovered, but she can hear the distinctive sound of hooves splashing through water.

She’s vaguely tempted to see if she can get close enough to make the water plants grow and expand around the visitor. Why? Just because she could. Because she’s been playing at nice and friendly (well, her version of nice and friendly) for far too long. When’s the last time she used her measly bits of magic against anyone? Oh, far too long. But in the end, she decides against it. There’s no actual point in just randomly making seaweed grow for the heck of it, and that’s probably not the way to make friends.

And she’s going to have to make friends if she’s going to survive this life.

So she slips out of her own pool, her body swirled in blue and green from the cool water. The color begins to fade as she leaves the water, slowly returning her to her usual drab gray. It doesn’t take her too long to locate the black unicorn, and one look at that horn makes Syrena just a little more pleased she wasn’t playing pointless tricks. That thing would freaking hurt. "Hello," she says, voice flat as always, though not unfriendly at least. And then she falls silent, because honestly, she doesn’t know what else to even say.

Why’d she come again? Oh right, make friends. She’s really great at that.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

So she's not a spy, but she technically was when Sarah played her, so she might know like one vaguely useful thing. Otherwise, she's really just here to say hello till a real spy comes along. Hope that's okay!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
RE: i have no idea what i'm doing [anyone] - by Syrena - 09-26-2016, 12:24 PM