the Rift

[OPEN] i have no idea what i'm doing [anyone]

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She misses being stared at. She realizes this with a strange pang as Bull’s eyes linger just a moment too long on her scales. But no, it’s not too long, not really. It reminds Syrena of who she used to be, of who she should be, of who she will be again. Something impressive, even if this world of impressive things. Something powerful, even in this world of things forever more powerful than she. Something worth remembering, in a world full of things so easily forgotten. She finds she does not mind the unicorn’s eyes lingering, finds that for a moment, she feels almost like herself again. Like a siren, not just a mortal horse.

The weather changes around them, the vaguely pleasant night turning bitter and promising a storm far too quickly. There is so little shelter here in Frostfall, the trees too dead and worthless to offer protection from whatever onslaught is coming their way. Syrena will never get used to the weather, to the extreme cold and extreme heat. She simply finds that she deals with it better, doing her best to promptly ignore the snow when it settles on her seal-gray skin, or the rain when it pelts her hide. It’s just water, she always reminds herself, because if nothing else, she will always love the water. Even freezing rain and pounding hail.

“Convincing,” she says, that voice still deadpan though perhaps with a tinge of warning. She would not take kindly to liars. Not that she knows what the hell she’s actually going to do about it other than tattle to the Mountain, but that would be enough. The Mountain could be far more intimidating than Syrena ever could.

“Syrena, she offers after a pause, not actually sure what else to say. Neither of them were skilled at this small talk thing, not that Syrena was complaining. She could have simply hung out in silence and called that friendship. To her, that was friendship. It was damn near bliss. “There are some trees nearby that stand close together. They might offer a bit of shelter from the damn wind.” She adds, because it really is getting frigid fast.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

No worries about the wait! I clearly didn't do any better

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
RE: i have no idea what i'm doing [anyone] - by Syrena - 12-19-2016, 03:43 PM