there are no men like me

Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
Tommen kept a list of things he hated. This list ranged from petty little nuisances like 'flies' and 'hot sun' to actual problematic topics like 'complicated women' and, more generally, 'people'. Still, he found himself surprised when a surge of pleasure laced up his chest as he felt the cool morning air brush against his skin. It had been a long time since he had felt this kind of elation; weeks on the road with very little rest had a tendency to do that to you.

He had moved as quickly as if he'd been chased by a pack of wolves; really, the only thing chasing him had been urgency. Urgency to get away from his life, to break free of his chains. It sounded poetic when Tommen thought it, but in reality it was unpleasant and harsh, driving him further away into the world until he was properly lost, with no urge to find himself again. He had left everything behind, everything. And he felt better for it.

The list of things he hated had gotten quite a bit longer recently, leading to his overall grouchy mood. No one had ever warned him life on the road would be so...dirty. Not to mention hungry. His internal turmoil had be replaced with an external one as of late, so he wondered why he had the right to feel good that morning. He looked around, taking in the lush greenery and the bustling forest. The sky was a vague tint of grey, as if it was hesitating whether it should rain or just let the sun out again. His eyes to the grey-blue of the tumultuous heavens, Tommen came to a realization. It's so different here. He thought. It even smells different. The thought lifted him up on his spirits; not that it made much of a difference, considering that his spirits had been rock-bottom for the past few years.

Still, he couldn't help the streak of youthful vigor that passed through his body. He shook out his platinum mane, dislodging the few leaves that had tangled themselves in it during his fitful sleep. He flicked his lion's tail, cocking his head as he contemplated his path. Do I go left, or right? He felt himself smirk as he fell into a walk, doing neither of the proposed options and instead strutting forward. Out loud, he mumbled, "Screw it." It's not like it matters anyway. No matter where I go, hell'l find me. Even that thought wasn't able to ruin his mood.

The time he had spent alone had been good to him. Nothing bothered him, no one bothered him. Still, more time alone meant more time spent with his thoughts. His previous, busy lifestyle, had provided a distraction from the past. But now, he had to face it full on. Or, I can continue to ignore it. Tommen smirked. Lately, he had chosen to focus on trees and birdsong instead of letting himself get buried under the weight of his responsibilities and rather gloomy musings. This strategy worked well; with no one to remind him of the past, he felt like a new person. "I've been reinvented." He told himself sarcastically. "I can become anyone. A warrior, a prince, a whore..." Or a knight. His traitorous mind suggested. He answered with a simple huff, picking up the pace just to feel the pleasant strain of working muscles. It seemed, then, that he could not escape his past forever.

But he could damn well try.

please tag tommen.

Messages In This Thread
there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-25-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-26-2016, 03:32 PM