there are no men like me

Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg

Home. The word, once so full of passion and joy, had become a frightening concept to Tommen. Perhaps it was the long time on the road, alone, but he was fixed into a certain paranoia of remaining in one place for too long. I was born in these lands, the woman said. He wonders if she had ever wandered far away from her homeland, then. Selfishly, Tommen liked to think that he was alone, that no one else would understand the pain of abandoning everything they'd known. In a way, it made him feel more like a hero of a tragic play. It made him feel special.

But he was only being melodramatic (which was something he excelled at). In truth, Tommen had not felt pain when he left his father's court. He had not felt pain when he broke his oath to the knights he had lived amongst and fought for. It was only now that he realized why. None of those places had ever felt like a true home to him.

Because he had never belonged. Perhaps he had lived for a moment in a true 'home', but then he had not been tied to a place, but to a person. When he had traveled with that knight so long ago, he had felt as if he had found the exact place he was meant to be. That silly loyalty had left the man without a head. Life had a tendency to do that to him, but that was in the past now. Damn it. He wanted to shake his head and stomp in frustration. I wasn't suppose to think about that. About any of it. How did I end up here again? He tore himself away from the tumultuous thoughts and focused back on the events at hand.

He was slightly surprised when the woman launched into a long explanation of the lands and its citizens, as if he really cared. He had only intended to learn where she had gained her stunning abilities. He had not, however, signed up for a history lesson. Despite this, he was surprised to find himself interested. These new lands were so different to the ones he had left. A fresh start was what he needed. But there was always the cynical part of him suggested the truth: no place had ever felt like a home to him, and this would be no different.

And yet, as she mentioned the final land, the Hidden Falls, something started in him. Perhaps it was the way she spoke of the place, with what seemed like a bizarre touch of resentment and fondness in her voice. She had said she lived in the Falls, he recalled. He spoke, unsure of what his final decision would be until it left his lips."If I may, I would like to stay some time with you, in the Falls." He began carefully "I may not stay there permanently; things tend to go awry with me around." He smirked, unable to resist the final words. "Perhaps it's my good looks. They have been known to cause quite a stir" Though, he thought to himself, they failed on this woman. If her kin is anything like her, then I am lost. The prospect left him amused, and returned him to his previous good mood.

He had finally chosen a path to follow. Now that the decision was made and final, foolish optimism blossomed in his chest. Though it was a naive hope, there was always a part of him that drove him to belong. He had promised himself a new start; and a new start was what he would get, one way or another.

this post is trash i apologize

please tag tommen.

Messages In This Thread
there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-25-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-26-2016, 03:32 PM