the Rift

[PRIVATE] ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

As if a stray piece of driftwood moving down the shoreline, Ampere wandered along the water's edge. Giving way beneath the weight of her hooves the sand moved about, carving out her unique trail, but instantly losing it among the smattering of other hoof prints and sea foam alike. Beside her the ocean breathed; a gentle roar heavy with salt and renewal. With its relentlessly gnawing teal maw and frothed fangs, nothing could endure the sea. There was a certain beauty to that, this notion of inevitable decay and change, however slow it may be, as the sand could surely attest to a lifetime. It made loss seem more acceptable.

The rhythmic movement and pulling and taking of the tide suggested tranquility and balance to Ampere, and the crisp air with its brine fragrance and curt winds was invigorating. It was a different feeling than that of the desert's coast; the heat and the dust and the herd changed the shore there, seemed to diminish it in her eye, where as this beach diminished her. She wanted to feel small today.

Behind her Iskra played in the black strands of her tail, its body alive in the marine breezes. The gulls were quiet today, sullen beneath the backdrop of gray sky that suggested an oncoming storm; it was still far off, not liable to hit until dusk, but the sky was heavy with it, like lead, and so the birds settled in early to wait it out. Even Kygo was tucked tightly away, the small parrot having perched on a shrub-tree several paces back, content to nap while the grief-driven mare tried to wear the sadness out of her. Helpful as he tried to be, he felt distance was best to give her, and such was the depth of her hurt that even the upbeat conure was persuaded to mourn daily.

Ampere stopped with her fetlocks tangled in the tide, head lifted tall into the wind. Her eyes shut against the sea spray as it whipped up against her cheeks, mixing with the wetness already present there until they were one and the same. As her heart ached, she let the sea carry it away, or at least hoped it would.

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
a M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

equusamor.deviantart

@Mesec @Vesper @Virga
I thought considering we all want to thread with each other we could maybe kill 2 birds with a stone? If this thread gets too crazy different with the adult vs foal interaction we could maybe split the foals off into their own thread? IDK LETS ROLL WITH IT K.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me - by Ampere - 09-22-2016, 10:36 PM