[PRIVATE] ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

SPARKS WILL FLY, THEY IGNITE OUR BONES
WHEN THEY STRIKE, WE LIGHT UP THE
WORLD

His body is stiff. His expression is frozen, the smile he's fitted onto it like carved stone, well practiced, and usually honest. It's not now though, not as he hears the words of the adults breaking behind him like waves on the coast, cold and powerful and so eager to sweep you away. Yet still he smiles, attempts to be lighthearted, his eyes nearly screaming for it to be true. Let's just play a game and forget, let's just pretend we're happy and everything is fine, because if he lets himself succumb to the sadness the way his mother has, then he's not sure he'll ever be able to survive again.

You see, he has to be carefree enough to float, or else she'll drag him down in there with her, and he's terrified of that.

"Yea," he saw in an almost dismissive response to Vesper, a verbal shrug as his eyes skirt to look anywhere besides his damn that just crashed into the sand. The sound causes a flinch against his pelt however, and as if spooked, he scoots further away from her and towards the shoreline, intent on his hunt for fish even if the other foals won't assist. Just play some games, just play some games and then it'll all be better.

Just hide under the sheets, close your eyes, and the monsters will leave you alone and go away, right?

It's as if he didn't hear Vesper's other suggestion, but he has, and though he doesn't intend to ignore her he can't deal with it right now. A present certainly seems nice, and admittedly he hasn't tried that yet, but he's been shunned by her before so right now he's coping the only way he knows how. "You better run!" he calls out, overly joyous and zealous as he splashes towards a scaled fiend.
I S K R A

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me - by Iskra - 11-11-2016, 09:39 PM