the Rift

[PRIVATE] ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Mesec waited with no ending to his patience, giving his friend what little consolation he could, waiting for her next movement. He wasn’t sure what it would be, until it happened - until her voice broke into the silence, soft but casual as if nothing had at all changed. And he wasn’t going to be the one to say that too much had changed for them to talk like this anymore, because he didn’t want that distance to be there. It just was and like so much in the demigod’s life, he didn’t know how to fight it.

He let her talk, not answering her questions right away - thinking them over in silence with his muzzle still lowered toward her and his silver eyes watching her even as she looked off down the beach. For a few moments, he was simply a presence near her - thinking that maybe it would just help her to have someone to talk to. With Gaucho gone… Mesec didn’t know of any other friends of Ampere’s - he assumed she had others in the Throat, perhaps Sohalia or Cera or Megaera.

It hurt too much to think of them, of the sun-warmed faces he had left behind, so his mind skirted over them and he focused back on Ampere. Which was, of course, not hard for him to do - it had always been all too easy for his entire focus to be given to the blue mare.

No, not his entire focus - not anymore. Even now, as much as he was with Ampere, his attention was partially on the foals as Lucius kept them updated on their games.

At her comment about how she was sure he was tired of being sad too, Mesec’s mouth twisted in a humourless smile. He nodded once, a quick acknowledgement that she was right, but was unable to find any words to say in response. Of course he was tired of being sad, it had been a dominant emotion in his mind for as long as he could remember. He had only just recently been better at balancing it out with the joy that had quite accidentally landed in his life in the form of two young foals. As if somehow being a good father to them erased his mistakes and hardships.

“No, you aren’t always a wreck. And you don’t have to apologize to me, Ampere.” He commented quietly, moving to nudge her softly once more as he spoke her name before pulling back again. He moved his head a little to try to catch her eyes once more as she averted her gaze - trying to not letting her turn away from this, from him. When he continued speaking, his voice was earnest, as though he could make her believe what he was going to say just by sheer force of will. He found familiarity and a strange sort of comfort in the ease at which he spoke with her in that moment.

Maybe, no matter what changed, they would always fall back to this.

“You spend so much time fighting for the sun to sun to rise, the storm to end, you’re not a wreck because you fall apart when things are really dark. You can't win against everything, Ampere, but I admire how you try. You’re one of the strongest horses I know.” His gaze softened as he whispered two more words. “Even now.”

while the rain water washes away who you are
we'll go over the mountains and under the stars
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: ain't gonna be that easy to leave - make you miss me - by Mesec - 12-01-2016, 10:11 PM