the Rift

[OPEN] You be you and I'll be me

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Because Thèo's unintentional use of magic came in such close succession to his intentional use of magic, he was unaware that Iskra's first whoa! was actually directed towards his invading mental speech.

Thèo was by no means a show-off, or at least, he didn't necessarily use his magic to incite amazement and awe in others, that would be translated into some sort of praise for himself. For him, it was as though he was sharing information, showing others what he was capable of, in the hope that it would eventually be useful for them.

The pale child returned Iskra's bump by extending an ashen wing in his direction, running his feathers over the boy's smooth colt-fuzz covered flank. It made him smile, for similiar sentiments as Iskra was feeling. A sense of camaraderie, of friendship. Boys could be easy friends, he was quickly learning. All it took was one shared interest: a love of running, or a unison muttering of cool upon seeing something neat, for example, to inspire sentiments of life-long friendship. Perhaps one day the boys would look back and never really know what brought them together. Adults on the other hand seemed to need a catalyst to become friends. But boys? Boys just needed each other.

Thèo merely shrugged off Iskra's comment about his strength, directing his pale green gaze to the boy's wings instead.  "So cool." He offered, watching the way pinpricks of light grew and fell from Iskra's wings. The magic that fell upon his body was, static - but clearly not in the same way Iskra's was. The light that fell from the sky was almost always constant. Oh sure, it intensified sometimes making him look like he was covered in glitter, but for the most part, he was just sunlit. It wasn't anywhere near as dramatic or interested as what was happening on his new friend's wings.  "It reminds me of the feeling I get in my legs, when I lay on them funny." He said without thinking. Then, realizing what a funny comparison that was, burst out laughing.

Thèo's laughter quickly died away, and his face contorted into something that looked sombre (though for such a young boy, who hadn't really experienced the hardships of the world yet, it was a weak approximation at best).  "Yeah.." He agreed, thinking of his own Mother. She ... he had seen ash fall from her wings, but he'd never really seen her use her magic before. He knew that she had some, he just wasn't sure entirely what it was. And then, with something like actual sadness, and continued,  "My Father's dead too. He died just a few weeks before I was born." Thèo's lips pitched sideways, making a comical :/ . He knew he should feel sad (and he did), but he also knew that he had just made a friend, and sort of wanted to start playing.

mathèo
When the white flag sails, covered in streaks of blood
There'll be an endless sea, of us rising up.
Image Credits

@Iskra

Messages In This Thread
You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-22-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-23-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-24-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-01-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-15-2016, 07:00 PM