the Rift

[OPEN] You be you and I'll be me

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Theo stared back at Iskra, wondering if he'd done something to upset his new friend. He was okay with prolonged silences but this seemed ... This didn't just seem like a silence, it seemed like Iskra was actively doing something. Though what that something was, the boy didn't know. One day he would, when his magic had been upgraded and he could hear the thoughts of those around him should they want him to, but for now, all he could discern were the lines of concentration wrinkling Iskra's face. Just as he was about to interrupt ... whatever it was Iskra was doing, Theo noticed something. It was just above the tip of Iskra's ear. A shine. Moving his head slightly to the side to see behind his friend's body, he saw a swirling of sands moving. These sorts of sand-tornado-shapes were common enough in the Throat ... only there was no wind.

With eyes bright  and full of excitement and happiness, Theo looked back to Iskra, nodding enthusiastically to his question, allowing the magical misunderstanding between the two to continue. "I thought you said you didn't know how!" The sunlit boy gushed with an admirable smile. 

That smile turned to a frown as Iskra suddenly took off. Theo had suggested they race but...for a moment, uncertainty gripped him and he thought maybe now that Iskra knew how to use his magic, he wanted to leave. Maybe he had someone else to show?

The boy's green eyes followed the retreating form of his friend (?), still feeling a twinge of pride and happiness for him, as the sand behind his hooves splashed outwards like some sort of exaggerated sand wave. Theo didn't know what usefulness Iskra's magic had, but it sure did look cool. As the first needles of sadness began to sink in, Theo saw Iskra turn around and shoot him possibly the sunniest smile he'd ever received. 

Immediately his heart was illuminated, and his hooves pulled at the sands, carrying the slender child towards where his friend had already raced off too.

<-  why did I ever doubt you <- Theo thought towards Iskra, though given how far his friend was ahead of him (he was fast) it was entirely possible that this unintentional communication went unheard. 

"Hey! Wai-" Theo gasped for air, clearly unable to catch his half-brother. "-you are fa-' Theo's wings shot from his sides, using the downy baby feathers to help slow himself, for his legs felt like jello and threatened to merely collapse under him if he asked them to do anything else. "-fast" he conclude, panting rapidly, but grinning wildly. 

mathèo
When the white flag sails, covered in streaks of blood
There'll be an endless sea, of us rising up.
Image Credits

@Iskra

Messages In This Thread
You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-22-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-23-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-24-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-01-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-15-2016, 07:00 PM