[OPEN] You be you and I'll be me

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

SPARKS WILL FLY, THEY IGNITE OUR BONES
WHEN THEY STRIKE, WE LIGHT UP THE
WORLD

For a moment Iskra faltered as he ran, his shoulder-side glance revealing that Theo was still standing there. Iskra thought he was fast, but he didn't think he was that fast (and he was actually only fast because his mom was slow, the only match he'd had thus far). For just a heartbeat he hesitated, his grin sliding off like cheese starting to melt, as he blinked back at the motionless boy. Yet by the next thrum in his chest the sun and cloud dappled colt was on the move, and just as quickly Iskra regrouped his smile and his speed. So their chase continued across the fields of gold, sand kicked up like loose dragon scales and laughter spun easily on the seaward breezes that rolled like a refreshing breath across the arid land; until they were dark with sweat and muscles spent.

As the boy of light at his side began to falter and pull up, Iskra too slowed in turn, loping with a tired and sloppy stride in a tight curve back around to face his friend. His own nostrils flared hungrily, his flanks heaving up and down and his features still smiling, but somehow less exuberant, telling of the energy they'd exhausted. With their youth though, a quick nap and they'd be back to bouncing in no time, the curse of mothers everywhere.

"You kept up better than mom!" Iskra declared breathlessly and pleasantly as he ambled back to Theo, pausing abruptly with an outstretched leg to rub the sweat dripping itches down his 'brow. As his head lifted back up Iskra shook his entire body vigorously, stumbling as he did so, thrown off balance by his own gusto. Instinctively his wings, however downy still, leaned out to lend him aid. "Want to cool off at the Oasis?" he proffered, suddenly acutely aware of how hot the sun felt upon his tired body, careless now of Ampere's location as he lost himself to this boy and the happiness he exuded as easily as he breathed.

Was this how it was supposed to be? Was this, the actual normal?
I S K R A

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-22-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-23-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-24-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-01-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-15-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-22-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 11-09-2016, 01:24 AM