[OPEN] You be you and I'll be me

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

SPARKS WILL FLY, THEY IGNITE OUR BONES
WHEN THEY STRIKE, WE LIGHT UP THE
WORLD

The gentle rapping of Theo's voice against his consciousness was starting to become familiar, the intrusion less accosting, and the absence less arresting, as Iskra had faith it would return eventually to resume that snug caress it always brought. The key word, starting, ought not to be forgotten, because Iskra was by no means accustomed to the flickers of the sunshine upon his mind, not in the way he was used to it upon his back, but he at least was no longer startled by it.

Still, his feathers prickled a little bit in response, that brush of power an inevitable tingle through his body. "I dunno," Iskra responded casually as he lifted his head, his tone seeming to shrug while his gaze swept up to settle curiously upon Theo. "My dad had some antlers, but my mom is blue, and I ain't got either." He didn't know enough to understand that Gaucho's accessory was exactly that- Iskra would have never been born with horns, and he was comfortable with that. It was hard to miss something you never had, but he could also guess that the point of horns (haha) was to inflict pain, and so Iskra had no interest in them regardless. "Are they heavy?" he asked, tilting his head somewhat. Just because he didn't want any, didn't mean he wasn't curious.

Of course he had no idea his answer might be surprising, having all this time believe that Theo intentionally was speaking into his mind. If he wasn't so tired he might have attempted to talk back again in that manner, but concentrating was hard and Iskra was tired enough as it was. He supposed only Theo's experience and mastery of magic afforded him the ability to keep using it, even now, though he did wonder why the boy didn't just ask him outright. He'd shown off already, hadn't he? Antlers weren't exactly secretive, the only other purpose Iskra could think of for not saying something aloud.

Unless, did Theo want to instill that feather-ruffling, spine-tingling, warm touch and cold absence inside of Iskra?

He might have dwelled on it further if not for the laugh that bubbled from his throat at the angel's request, murmured with a clear defeat that swelled inside Iskra with a harmless victory. "Let's walk," he agreed, "but maybe a swim when we get there?"
I S K R A

AND LO AND BEHOLD ALL OF BLU AND ODD'S CHARACTERS MEET BY SWIMMING IN THE OASIS

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-22-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-23-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-24-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-01-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 10-15-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Mathèo - 10-22-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: You be you and I'll be me - by Iskra - 11-09-2016, 01:24 AM