kick me down, break my bones [ophelia]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I must be some sort of masochist or something to push myself farther north after complaining to myself that it was getting colder and the food was getting more and more scarce. Why go north? Why not go south? It was warmer in the south, wasn't it? Isn't that why birds fly south? If I stick around I think I'll follow them farther south next time Frostfall rolls around instead of becoming a Leliel icicle. Shamsiel would probably laugh if he saw me now, icicles hanging from my whiskers, my wings tight against my body and my feathers fluffed up to try and warm my sides. I think my hooves are frozen, but it's hard to tell since they're already blue. Don't things that freeze turn blue? I heard that somewhere before.

I have to be even more careful here than I did in the meadow. The ground was slick there but here it's like skating on ice. I would fly, but the last time I stretched my wings away from my body the cold made me immediately close them tight against my sides again. Still, as miserable as this cold is and as much as I complain about it I still wouldn't go back to Janat. No one I've met here has told me that the gods hate me. There are no elders to sentence me to standing by myself.

I am no one's scapegoat.

But I am frozen. And maybe I'm a little dumb for coming all the way up here.

Up ahead there's a cave and I waste no time as I walk, slide, slip, and nearly fall to get inside only to discover that the cave is ice. And everything inside. "Definitely flying south next year." I mutter to myself as I walk in and I'm surprised that there is relief in the cave. I guess the wind really can't penetrate everything. Maybe ice isn't so bad after all.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Messages In This Thread
kick me down, break my bones [ophelia] - by Leliel - 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM