the Rift

[PRIVATE] let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

The Sunspear stood upon the beach, at the base of the Sun God's bridge. The wind off the salt sea pulled at the long black tendrils of her mane and tail until they whipped across her body to reach toward the rough waters. Was she that much forsaken? Did they very wind want to lift her and take her away from the Throat? Did the sands themselves want to part with her? Was that why they flew in east blustering gust and stung at her back?

Sunspear....what right do I have to that name now? she thought, the bleak cast of her heart as heavy as the shining weapon that hung at her left side. The God had given it to her on their last meeting. The memory rose, twisting her heart it it's fingers. ~"You are Megaera the Sunspear, are you not?" he had said, and he had smiled at her... smiled for her. "Then fly true. For you are my Sunspear, and my aim has never faltered. "~ But it seemed she had faltered, in her aim or by some lack in her that even the might and grace of her god could not overcome. And He had let her go, replaced her. Stripped her. Just a spear... just a spear now as ever I was.

And she wept.

Einarr waited for her, their children waited for her, but before she could force herself to leave behind the place that had been her home for four long years (her first ever home) she let herself stand quietly at the edge if an angry sea and shed silent tears for all that she had lost. The meeting she had stumbled on had done nothing to help. Perhaps when she had taken that route (instead of taking to the air and flying past as she had planned) there had been some burning wish that they all wound have been waiting for her, that they all would have wanted her to stay. These aren't your people anymore, Meg, this isn't your home.

-cries- Soooo basically right after the herd meeting thread, headcannon there was after Cera spoke she just kind of...deflated and walked away to come cry ;-;

Private to keep it going, if you want to join plz ask me :)
@Ampere @Cera
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds - by Megaera - 09-24-2016, 08:46 PM