the Rift

[PRIVATE] let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
"We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine." -- E.M. Forster

It was so remarkably easy, felt so natural, that the two mares would be drawn together, that they would reach for each other in this time of grief. They'd both dealt and received vicious blows not moments ago but would hold no grudge towards the other. They could consign their actions to catharsis and come together to mourn. 

Megaera reached out with a wing as Ampere did and wrapped the mare in a gentle embrace, briefly dropping her brow to Ampere's. She pulled back to see tears falling from blue eyes, watched them fall to the dusty ground like the ones she had shed before Cera and Ampere had found her. They had taken their turns to weep, and as Ampere had been there to try and support Meg, it was Meg's turn to be the silent supporter. 

She listened as her sister gave her cracked voice to all the unanswerable questions: Why Gaucho? Why now? What could they have done to save him? She could only shake her head slowly to show how at a loss she was. She would stay, she would face what came now-that decision had been irreversibly made but that didn't mean Meg had the faintest notion of how to start, how to move forward when all that had happened was so horribly fucked up beyond any reason she possessed. "It should have been me. If death or fate or Gods had needed some sacrifice, it should have taken me for its due not him... never him!" 

He had meant so much to so many and death had taken him even when it was she who had been lacking, she who had failed. Perhaps she did have more tears, though no matter how many spilled they couldn't fill the gap that the Wildfire had left. They burned in her eyes again and left her gasping "I... I didn't love him, not it the way you did, I think, but for so long he was everything." Gaucho had found her when she was young and angry and empty, anything good she'd ever had had started with him so how could in not end at his passing? How could she rebuild on a decaying foundation? "He gave me my life! I don't know how to live it if he's not here."
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: let's don't say goodbye, i hate the way it sounds - by Megaera - 11-16-2016, 09:39 AM